Any Logmaster LM1 Owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Colston

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The Logmaster LM1 is a 4-post manual mill with the wheels and bearings inside the posts. It's built like a tank but the design precludes having door on the band guard that open outward to change bands. Instead, the LM1 has covers over each wheel which must be removed to change the band, along with a central upper cover between the wheels.

I was mulling having the covers hinged at the bottom with a removable pin and secured at the top with a removable pin. That would allow pulling the top pin and tilting the cover down to change bands. I may leave the center cover as-is or try to have it hinged so that it can be flipped up out of the way for band changes. All three of the covers have T-handle nuts that have to be removed before the covers can be lifted off. Since it's my forst mill, I initially didn't think it was a big deal but the more I change bands, the less I like the design.

Does anyone else here run a LM1 and have you modified the band wheel covers in any way?

I just googled it, looks like a tank of a machine. Looks well made. The picture looks like it will take a heck of a big log. I think hinged panels would be a winner. Making fixed covers probably saves them a few bucks to keep them competitive, Joe.

I just googled it, looks like a tank of a machine. Looks well made. The picture looks like it will take a heck of a big log. I think hinged panels would be a winner. Making fixed covers probably saves them a few bucks to keep them competitive, Joe.

Thx for the reply. Yes, the LM1 is built like a tank (overbuilt, really). It will take a 30" log.
Logmaster went chapter 7 bankrupt about three years ago but they are now back in business. They support all of their previous models with band blades, wear parts, etc but they only mfg the LM1 now.

Latest posts

Back