ArboristSite.com Sponsors

apache stove

Discussion in 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' started by htpd43, Jul 13, 2009.

1. htpd43

htpd43 ArboristSite Operative

wondering if anybody else here has an apache stove or has ever heard of or seen one. i have one and spent hours google searching apache stove - they no longer exist. if anybody does have any info or know where i can find info please let me know. i'll try to take a few shots of mine and post them when i get a few minutes.
    thanks

2. NeilC

NeilC New Member

Seen your note on Apache Stove we also have one and are in need of fan motor any ideas?

3. htpd43

htpd43 ArboristSite Operative

Hi NeilC,
    This was one of my first posts and I still don't know much about my stove or the company.
    I haven't had to swap the motor yet but I did have to rewire it as well as the rheostat. If I did need to replace it, I'd start with surplus center (Surplus Center - Hydraulics, Engines, Electrical and More). They have a Pretty good selection of blowers. I hope yours has served you as well as mine has. So far the only problem I had was when the wiring went bad and the motor was not circulating air. The fire box got so hot that the back side warped a bit. Still works fine though.
    Good luck,
    Lou

4. NeilC

NeilC New Member

Thanks for the info we have had ours for 30 years, first problem we ever had was with the fan motor now.

Thank you Neil