Aux oiling bar /best place? 41"cannon sb + 59"Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaycky

stihl user
Reaction score
I know I could search but I haven't had any chance to post a thread yet so why not post a thread / ask a question and say hi with some pics.

My firewood saw is ms 291 + My milling saw ms 880 41" cannon superbar 3/8 oregon 75RD milling chain +
59" stihl bar 404 ripping chain. Custom tig welded Alaskan Mills.

My question is where do you guys fit your aux oil fittings on the bar for best supply?

Drill or drip?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 69
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 60
Wasn't any option to keep the chain loops for the ripping set-up the same? I noticed you stated 3/8 & .404 DL....certainly not much of a chance to get 41" and 59" loops confused. At least I would hope not to get them confused?

Welcome aboard!

As far as location, bar tip for the return trip back to the powerhead. Can be dripped of tapped, but I would think if you ever got to the point where you wanted to be able to re-sell the bar, then drip would be better.

Be interested in seeing some slabs from ya too!!!!! Please?

Scott (Imma drip, ask my friends) B

Couldn't you use the gear hole in the tip with a grease tip clamped on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna try the drip method.
My chain is diff on each bar yes 59" i had a few 404 sitting round and the 41" bar just picked up wanted to try the 3/8 out. So many saying its not going to work and 880 to much power for that chain so i will just be able to say yea i tried it and well it either worked or it didn't. I think it should be fine.

Milling pics coming soon

3/8" worked on a 48" bar for me. I dripped oil on the nose headed back to the powerhead.

Yeah...that is some clean gear! I want to see a slab cut with the 59" bar. The debate in my mind always goes to "replace the 42 or go to 60 inch bar"...

394xp w/ 33" & 42" Bars - Full Comp Full Chisel - 36" Granberg Alaskan Mill
455 Rancher w/ 20" Bar - Semi Chisel
Husqvarna Forestry Helmet & Full Wrap Chaps

Should be milling soon the snow is going away and my gear is all finished. Heading out to 160 acres and after that session will be tripping down to Vancouver for some work on days off will be hitting the beach for some sand logs...
In regards to the 60" bar I was in my small town shop here and one of the "bigger guys" looks like he pushes pens all day had a little argument with me telling me I need to have a double ended bar for 60" and that he has "friends in this business" Single saw just isn't gonna cut it he was saying. Well that is the last time I give any business to these guys I try and support small business in my town but people behind the desk that have no other knowledge than book and hanging off other peoples but cracks I just don't have any time for.

I will be using the 60" to the fullest. Pics to come...

tumblr_niuybgrTT01r968hoo4_400.jpg
tumblr_niuybgrTT01r968hoo8_250.jpg
tumblr_niuybgrTT01r968hoo2_400.jpg

Picked up a new toy today sold a crotch rocket took a hair off the total and went to buy this little beast i think i will like this new saw getting ready to head out to mill and work the propery for the next month.

tumblr_m6jtxoc2y31r968hoo1_1280.jpg

Latest posts

Back