Bobcat logging, A serious cutter and splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great, fun machine but the weak point for me is the use of a chainsaw cutter bar. They should've put a circular saw up there. Still love to have a go though!!

that thing is fast...it says 20gpm required but that thing is splitting really fast and with an 8 way head and the tonnage shows 16 ton in high power mode...those numbers don't seem to jive with what we seem to see and people suggest for stand along hydraulic splitter???Why is that?
I mean a 20gpm stand along splitter with a 4x24" cylinder isn't going to split as fast as that video...and a 16 ton stand along with an 8 way head isn't exactly seen to often either :) Is that bobcat in the video just using a way bigger pump than 20gpm?

Maybe there is a high flow model. The high flow bobcats can put out 37 gpm. I've got a stump grinder and a mower that run off high flow, there's a big difference in power.

I know one thing, that guy was really flipping some switches in there, to keep all those actions going. The cutoff, the log blocker, the ram. Probably takes some seat time to get good at it.

Back