• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Box of 044 Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here we have a collection of 044 parts I had scrounged up in anticipation of building a saw. It is what it is, so please look at the pictures. I do NOT know what is missing in terms of small parts, screws, etc. but there is a bag full of small bits and I saw most of the brake parts, a couple carbs, and a clean piston/rings/small-end bearing/piston pin. Particularly notable items include:

1. Crankcase with new OEM bearings, seals, gaskets. Crankcase cleaned and assembled by Stihl shop.

2. Two cylinders - one decomp (what was on the saw when it lost a bearing) cylinder that looks good to go, and one KS cylinder that has some small divots up in the squish band area (maybe it ate a small end bearing? or a bit of piston ring? or a ring pin? or some really hard spaghetti?) but with good walls, no obvious damage to the ports, etc. so it should be good to go with a small bit of dremel smoothing in the squish area.

We can do this one of two ways. First, the entire lot including both cylinders, can be yours for $165 shipped CONUS. Or you can have the whole lot MINUS THE KS CYLINDER for $120 shipped CONUS. Payment by PayPal gift strongly

preferred.IMG_7210.JPG IMG_7211.JPG IMG_7212.JPG
Decomp cylinder (note: two holes up top!)
IMG_7213.JPG
KS Cylinder (2 pics):
IMG_7214.JPG IMG_7215.JPG IMG_7216.JPG IMG_7217.JPG IMG_7218.JPG IMG_7219.JPG

Back