By-the-way...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spidey,
I haven't run Sam=Tip's equipment yet (I will fix that problem) but having run Sunfish's J model splitting Hedge, I was impressed. I will still buy the S.E. model for my needs and durability concerns, but the J is no toy. It ain't the be-all/end-all either, but between a S.S.-S.E. and my Speeco, if I can't split it initially, I'll noodle it. At least until I get a skid steer with an upside down splitter for busting big rounds on the ground... I thought it was dumb until I saw a few in a video lifting and splitting Huge Oak rounds into a dump trailer - "Lordy, I saw the light"!

Elm isn't so bad now with the special edition super split which is meant for Elm. The Hacberry was a bad piece. Now all around tuff to split was the Peacan logs I wrestled with at Hedgefest GTG 2014.

FYI. If you want to play with my splitters including the upside down skid steer log splitter. I am hosting a charity cut May 16th just outside Des Moinea Iowa.

tappa talk samsung note 2

If you want to play with my splitters including the upside down skid steer log splitter. I am hosting a charity cut May 16th just outside Des Moinea Iowa.
In Waukee?? The one I saw in the Chainsaw forum??
The way my job is, on the road a lot (especially now as the weather becomes cooperative), I just never know where I might be. That makes it really tough for me to commit to something much over a couple days out. Spring and fall is our busiest times, our communications clients are mostly banks, schools, farm coops, farming operations, law enforcement, and government... when there's problems I gotta be there. At the same time, if I'm down that way, I have a BIL that lives in Des Moines... he could put me up for a night if I'm in the area. If it would work out that way... that I'm in the area with the company vehicle, I ain't gonna' have a saw with me... just boots, groves and a pair of shoulders.

Elm isn't so bad now with the special edition super split which is meant for Elm. The Hacberry was a bad piece. Now all around tuff to split was the Peacan logs I wrestled with at Hedgefest GTG 2014.

FYI. If you want to play with my splitters including the upside down skid steer log splitter. I am hosting a charity cut May 16th just outside Des Moinea Iowa.

tappa talk samsung note 2
I would love to come help you guys out (and eat pie). Unfortunately, I've been lucky enough to beta test a new system baseline for my job in the ANG and my unit will be the first to receive the baseline in the entire community for the A.F. The install starts early May and won't be done until mid-June... I am going to have a lot of overtime coming helping to train my counterparts on it which would be alright, but being military, I'm salary... Oh well, 8 more years and I'll be retired and looking for further employment, or self-employment. Bundled firewood may be a part of that answer... I will be making the races in Ft. Scott though. Will you be able to make that Doug?

In Waukee?? The one I saw in the Chainsaw forum??
The way my job is, on the road a lot (especially now as the weather becomes cooperative), I just never know where I might be. That makes it really tough for me to commit to something much over a couple days out. Spring and fall is our busiest times, our communications clients are mostly banks, schools, farm coops, farming operations, law enforcement, and government... when there's problems I gotta be there. At the same time, if I'm down that way, I have a BIL that lives in Des Moines... he could put me up for a night if I'm in the area. If it would work out that way... that I'm in the area with the company vehicle, I ain't gonna' have a saw with me... just boots, groves and a pair of shoulders.
Ain't gonna have a saw with ya? NO WORRIES there, we'll get a saw in your hands if you want one!!!:D

Back