Chestnut Oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I had a Chestnut Oak in my side yard that's been slowly dying for four or five years. Yesterday I looked at it and the very bottom limb had a little green left. Bark has been falling in the yard from the top for a couple years. It was kind of raining, off and on, so I started a fire in the fire pit. Threw the tree down, burned all the brush, mostly dry pieces that shattered all over the yard, and started bucking firewood. Got to pieces that I couldn't lift, so I noodled a couple. It was the most beautiful figured Oak I've seen in a long time. I left the bottom 8' of log. Tomorrow, if I feel energetic, I'll mill it up. If it looks anything like the ones I noodled I'll post pics, Joe.

That would be some nice wood, especially for outdoor use. Very durable. Would like to see a pic of it being milled.

I'll try to get to it today. I couldn't find my short ladder I use for rails, then remember I left it at a friends house. Might just buy another 2X8, Joe.

Latest posts

Back