Climbing Kit/Package

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutter Dan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I've been cutting trees for a few years now and I want to learn how to climb. I realize I'll have to receive training so calm down. I've been looking for a climbing kit/package but there are so many to choose from I don't really know where to start. I don't mind spending a little extra money on gear this important so I'm not necessarily looking for a value deal. Just something I can use for a long time to come. Any suggestions?

Wesspur also has a combo package for rope and spikes. I would recommend their deluxe combo kit. Also around $1100

The combo kit was what I was looking for. This might be the one I need.
I think the delux is he most bang for your buck. If I could go back I would purchase that and simply request to change the foot ascender to a CT, and upgrade the spurs to aluminum rather than steel.

Are you going to climb spur or spurless?
If you are going to take training, use their stuff and then you'll have an idea what you need and what doesn't/does work for you.
Eventually I'll be doing spurs for removal and spurless for pruning. Gonna take it slow obviously but I'd like to own the equipment. I have a mentor to show me the ropes but I'd like to own my own equipment.

Latest posts

Back