CT spring GTG May 7th 2016

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been playing with a 346 lately,very sporty little saw.

A carb and boot upgrade is definitely going to happen.

Eric, I never got to see / compare the graphs for my saws... though I did see Brads. I was too focused on getting the runs on film. If its possible, put 7 "best" averaged runs together on the same graph, color coded?

PB w/ muff mod
saw #1,3,4,5
Brad
PB w/ stock muff

ya....7 ... would be awesome to see such a graph.

Eric, I never got to see / compare the graphs for my saws... though I did see Brads. I was too focused on getting the runs on film. If its possible, put 7 "best" averaged runs together on the same graph, color coded?

PB w/ muff mod
saw #1,3,4,5
Brad
PB w/ stock muff

ya....7 ... would be awesome to see such a graph.

Hey Matt -- I will make an attempt after I get all of the graphs to each saw builder (including you!) as I know they are patiently waiting for their data.

What it makes it tough is the number of points collected for each varies and the RPM scales at the bottom vary greatly.
I do have the time stamps every 100 ms for each -- so if you don't mind the time being at the bottom of the graph and the RPMs as additional lines that might work... it'll be so busy though I don't think they'd be readable.

I'm not sure what's best to do, but certainly after all of the regular graphs are out I'll play around in excel to see if I can get what you are after.

On the list of things to do for the dyno as "features" is the ability to plot multiple runs on the same graph. It may require some fiddling with each RPM sample to match them up... Someday if we have a dyno where the computer controls the RPM (don't get me wrong Bill does an excellent job at getting a nice RPM curve with the hand controlled brake!) we can more easily "line up" the various lines on a common RPM increment.

See ya!

Erik, you can post the graphs any way you like, but I think the most information to be gleaned from the challenge is to be able to overlay the graphs best as possible. ie, somehow come up with a "best example" interpolated curve for each 350 and then overlay them all on the same graph with different colors.... you can do it! :)

Deets saw didn't make it for the gtg, so here is a peek at it with Jason's saw for comparison
Jmssaws 064

Deets066 066

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those saws do sound very robust!
I just noticed that it looks like a chain snapped on one of the saws.
And it seems like when you do a certain cut, letting tge tip go way down toward the ground, when leveling back off, it makes the saws bind. You're probably leaning on it really heavy.
Other than that, those 2 saws are awesome. I want one. Lol

Those saws do sound very robust!
I just noticed that it looks like a chain snapped on one of the saws.
And it seems like when you do a certain cut, letting tge tip go way down toward the ground, when leveling back off, it makes the saws bind. You're probably leaning on it really heavy.
Other than that, those 2 saws are awesome. I want one. Lol
It threw the chain at the end of the cut. Yes I was trying to load the saws but they weren't clearing chips enough for the pressure I gave it...

Latest posts

Back