Don't know if this qualifies for U suck.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkman

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ky. between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank.
This little Poulan Pro s25 belonged to dad, he's been dead 20 yrs and didn't run it for a few years before that. I pulled it out of the shed, pulled off the top, will need a breather. While I had it open, I put some mix in the carb and it run on the second pull. I think it'll be fun to clean it up and get it running.S25-1.jpg S25-2.jpg S25-3.jpg S25-4.jpg S25-5.jpg

This one I found and it followed me home, $20. Start rope was only about 14" long so I replaced that, wasn't oiling the chain, but was putting out oil behind the bar and dripping off the bottom of the saw. The oiler tube was misplaced and it works fine since I fixed. The chain and bar is toast, bar is .058 and chain is .050. I put a 20" 0325 NK bar and chain on and it cuts pretty good. Will add pictures in next post.

I think you guys need to take a visit out to the shop. We have two sheds packed with saws... everything from 2 man to newer toss aways. Can't even walk around without stepping on saws. I don't have time to do anything with them.

I've got a S25 that is green. It was a freebie, but unfortunately is missing the recoil assy. It sure is well engineered & easy to work on. But, then again, after tinkering around with a Mac 6, anything is easy to work on. The only reason I keep that Mac 6 around, is to add a different color to my little fleet of top handles.

I think you guys need to take a visit out to the shop. We have two sheds packed with saws... everything from 2 man to newer toss aways. Can't even walk around without stepping on saws. I don't have time to do anything with them.
Did you ever find the 076 in the dogpile? You were gonna take a look after Christmas.

I've got a S25 that is green. It was a freebie, but unfortunately is missing the recoil assy. It sure is well engineered & easy to work on. But, then again, after tinkering around with a Mac 6, anything is easy to work on. The only reason I keep that Mac 6 around, is to add a different color to my little fleet of top handles.
I was haywire, mine's a 25DA.

Did you ever find the 076 in the dogpile? You were gonna take a look after Christmas.

I was hoping to somewhat sort a bit, but I seriously have not had time. I'm in Maine right now, had to come down to be with family. It's sort if given me a break, unfortunately not for good reasons.

Back