Dream Helmet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good so far!
I agree that the ratchet system is the most importent thing on the system. My Stihl Forestry has the wheel on the back too and a 6 point suspension. Has a good bit of adjustment too. The muff's adjust up/down, side to side and in/out plus they have a detant pop out just off the ears. You can also adjust +/- pressure.

logbutcher,

Glad to hear your happy (so far) with the new beanie. Got a ques. for ya. There seems to be a secret about who the manufacturer is (we know Baileys distributes them). I'm in the market for a new hh but I'd like to know more about this particular system. We know it's from Germany and after that nothing (and Baileys isn't telling). Any clues on the inside of hh (model nums. specs. manufacturer name, etc.) or in documentation that came with it??

Thanks,

Yup my Stihl Forestry helmet is the best I have come across yet but if there is a better one out there I would consider upgrading as I work in a lot of blow down areas with limbs and brush on all sides. Limbs and small stalks-trunks under stress always shooting about while cutting makes this work hazardous. Face shield, ear muffs flipped daily and even the helmet knocked off time to time. Thinking of attaching a chin strap to keep it on. LOL. Pioneerguy600

Sounds good, I will probably order one on the next Bailey's order.

One question, can you flip the mask down with a "flip" of your head or do you have to use your hand to pull it down?

Do the muffs easily pull out and lift up to rest on the helmet?

Do the muffs simply "pop" down onto the ears once they are adjusted to fit?

Other than that it sounds like a good helmet.

Sam

Sounds good, I will probably order one on the next Bailey's order.
One question, can you flip the mask down with a "flip" of your head or do you have to use your hand to pull it down?

Do the muffs easily pull out and lift up to rest on the helmet?

Do the muffs simply "pop" down onto the ears once they are adjusted to fit?

Sam

Mask needs a hand flip so far. Not like a welder's helmet flip.
Muffs pull out easily on top of helmet.
Muffs fit better than any of the wire bale systems.
So far, it is a big improvement over any of the other Peltors.

logbutcher,
Glad to hear your happy (so far) with the new beanie. Got a ques. for ya. There seems to be a secret about who the manufacturer is (we know Baileys distributes them). I'm in the market for a new hh but I'd like to know more about this particular system. We know it's from Germany and after that nothing (and Baileys isn't telling). Any clues on the inside of hh (model nums. specs. manufacturer name, etc.) or in documentation that came with it?? Thanks,

Try < www.enha.com > : the international manufacturer's site. Bailey's wouldn't tell ?

I was thinking of purchasing a Bullard Vector R. This helmet has ratchet adjustment and is ANSI Z89.1-2003 Type II, so protects from side/rear impacts and not just direct top impacts. Most standard helmets are Type I.

The helmet would accept the Elvex HM-8029 NRR 28db muffs (like the Rockman muff mounts but higher NRR), Elvex VB-30 visor bracket, and Elvex NV-70 nylon visor. This would provide good noise protection with electrical isolation to 20kV.

Comments? From reading this thread I'm wondering if the helmet will be too hot to use. Otherwise it would be similar to the Rockman with better protection.

And the european Stihl dealer is selling:

Z009D019_p.jpg

This is the same one not?

It is called: Aero Light.

Still in approval for US market????

Last edited:
logbutcher,

Thanks for the link. I searched hi and lo but never found that page.

Thanks,

I guess the manufacturer mystery has been solved (well, it was a mystery to me)

Last edited:
And the european Stihl dealer is selling:
Z009D019_p.jpg
This is the same one not?It is called: Aero Light. Still in approval for US market????

Not the same muff system. The Baileys' Rockman has solid plastic muff supports not those wire bails, otherwise the faceshield, vented helmet, and attachment system "look" the same. Oh yes: no "Stihl" on my Rockman---so I indelibly marked the helmet with my logo:dizzy: in case of death or serious injury. The helmet goes to SWMBO in the will. :greenchainsaw: :censored:

Finally went and bought this system. Needed the vented top. My timing is terrible, it's fall now but I'm a little ahead on $$s so I figured I better get it now. Haven't used it yet in the field. Messed with it in the shed. Found the muffs comfortable and flip out of the way easily. Suspention adjustment works well. The face sheild is elcheapo tho. Plastic and I don't think it will last long. I believe you can order a metal one but it's more $$s. Another thread I read stated the hinge part of the shield fell apart. One thing, and I wonder if anyone else sees this, when I take the HH off, some of the suspension anchors pull out of their slots. I had to keep pushing them back in. Anyone else see this?

Later,

wife got me a husky one i havent used it yet. maybe im just stupid but i cant get the mesh visor to flip up. i assume that its supposed to maybe i out something together wrong? i dunno ill have to mess with it some. im hoping to do some cutting this weekend as its been a while.

Latest posts

Back