Dyno tested...... Mastermind Ported 660 vs Stock 660 vs Dual port 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad

I sure wasn't talking about you running saws too fast and your vids that show how a saw cuts at high to low rpm are the best. I just irks me when these clowns get on here bragging their saw holds 12000 in the cut. Steve
There are many claims made here including that a saw "holds" 12k when it only hits it briefly during the cut - and also hits 8k for just as long. Brad's controlled and progressively increasing load videos are good demonstrations of what the saw really does. The actual speed of fastest cutting will be something less than max rpm, but may be above the hp peak because the cut speed is highly dependent on chain speed. You cannot just make the saw cut faster by pushing harder, just as you cannot make a wood plane cut faster by pushing harder on it - you must make more passes.

I'm delighted when one of my saws pulls 10.5k through a practical cut with real-world wood and chain, but some of them will do significantly better than that in real-world cutting. They are not things I sell, they are tools I use for firewood.

In general, you make your criticisms with a rather wide brush. I'm not at all sure who you were originally targeting with your comment, but if you'd actually say who you meant you would not end up including people you didn't intend (like apparently Brad in this case).

One of my latest J'Red 2153s.

It does pretty good, even on the dogs, but it was using a light touch. There are so many variables to cutting a piece of wood, that even with video evidence one can still wonder.......

That saw needs more chain...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like half the guys in this thread don't post anymore ,where did they go ? Lot of good info here .
I've been know to wake the dead.http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/simonized-saws.167995/page-61

The game plan when they show up? -Always make them play into your hand where you can dazzle them with brilliance. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then you can surly baffle 'em with bullshìt.
Example: They want to talk about combustion engines then I may say I don't really like that...its dirty so I pay for that service. So now the subject is off the table back in my court. You never want to lead on that you know more than you do because someone will know more. I call this the safe door .
Example: to get you started
Good looking woman wants to know what you do for a living.
A) I'm in high finance ?
B) my family is very very wealthy... I don't work?

Then you can always rattle then.
Hit then with something out of nowhere. I call this the defense Lawyer retort. Its a calming lead up and a sudden BANG!!!

And I'm not above using the old classics "I know you are but what am I" or " I'm rubber and your gule...it bounces or me and sticks to you...so there"
Those are a couple of real show stoppers. special occasion stuff.

I could settle that last dispute with one key word... but I prefer 600- 1000. Neither side is correct.

Step aside greenhorn & I'll show ya how its done...

Back