e70 cat, one side works other side dont

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Old e70 cat excavator. went and looked at one today with thoughts of buying. Machine has been setting for about two years. I was pleasantly surprised it cranked right up. From there things went down hill in a hurry. I talked to the guy that had parked the machine and he assured me that everything worked when it was parked. What I found was nothing on the right joystick had any power. It would move, slowly, but you couldnt curl the bucket and the root boom wouldnt pick up a empty bucket. The right side track wouldnt work either. Now the left joystick, everything worked and had plenty of power. Dipper boom would lift machine off the ground. Left track would spin the machine on a dime. I have never worked on one of these machines, so I dont know where to start. I can troubleshoot each componet until I find the problem, but that is time consuming and it aint my machine, and if its anything major, I aint buying. On the other hand, if its a simple adjustment, pilot filter change, relief or other cheap fix, then it might be worth my time to fix. So, before i walk away from this machine, any ideals of the possible cause., Its a cheap machine, but not if I have to start replacing pumps and other expensive parts.

Back