Case 1845c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I could use a brainy kind of guy to help me sort this things hydraulics out.
Ok... here is the situation, there is a dribbling hose in a really bad location. I have it "rigged" with a bunch of hose clamps.
Yeah, there is a hole in the side of it... Before you state "just replace the hose" read this out.
IMG-1870.jpg
Now, it comes from a auxiliary valve that someone before me installed. It did not come from Case with the floor torched out to mount it.
Some sort of a electric solenoid on it, not connected to anything. what I would LIKE to do is completely remove the thing!
IMG-1872.jpg
the line on the right side with that cap on it is the hose that has the patch on it. I am not 100% sure, but I believe it goes back to the return and into the radiator.
if you look at the left side of the valve, you can see a hose coming in, and a TEE where it is connected to the factory original valve that has the foot controls that run to the aux connections on the boom. There is a vertical pipe coming off that mystery valve that has a cap on it in the section of the floor that was cut out to make it fit.
IMG-1873.jpg
this is the aux foot control valve, and in the pine needles you can see that line that is TEE'd to feed the mystery valve...

Is it as simple as remove that TEE, and follow that leaking hose back to where it connects, and disconnect it and cap it??
I really can't do anything at the near future the machine is in the woods (pine needles) and loading some very heavy logs for me.
but I want to have a good idea what I might be able to do.

today I tightened the clamps and had it down to a drip, drip, drip. much better than the continuous stream at $10 a gallon.
I had another mr fixit today with a leaking metal tube that runs across the front of the machine... I might have it working with a hunk of cro-moly tubing brazed to replace the smashed section (came to me smashed...) worked until today... and my gosh what a fine mist coming from that!!!

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Back