First impression of the Stihl 241c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was at my tractor dealer yesterday(they also sell Stihl) and i looked at the 241 they had on the shelf. DOM 9/14. :crazy: i looked at the price tag and it had 16"and 18 " listed. the 18"was $20 more than the 16.
Seems like a lot for 2" more bar.Does that include the longer chain?If so it still seems like a lot.

20170115_143504_HDR.jpg

So am I reading this right or .... ?

Stihl New Edition - $629.95 Cdn ($478 US) [must be a typo?]
MS 261 C-M
50.2cc
3.0 / 4.1bhp
10.8 lbs
16" bar

MS 241 C-M - $709.95 Cdn (538 US)
42.6cc
3.0 bhp
10.8 lbs
16" bar

http://en.stihl.ca/STIHL-Products/Chain-saws-and-pole-pruners/0130/Gas-chain-saws-for-forestry.aspx

So you're getting more horsepower for the same weight at less cost than the ms 241 when buying the new edition MS261 CM
:envy::envy::crazy2::envy::envy:
I for one do not believe it is accurate.

I think that's what I heard as well , I've not run a new 261 but the older one was nice but didn't feel as nimble in the hands .
I have a customer that has a new and an old 261 , says he likes his new one , only lets his employees run the old one , he doesn't know that there is a difference other than what he feels .

Something has to be wrong there unless that's a discount price on the older model 261 to move them quickly with the new model specs.

In in the US the 241 is $569 and $609 for the 261.

Is the 4.1 HP accurate? I though they were 3.9???

YUP, the price is real!
I don't need one but tempted to sneek one home when the wife isn't looking ....

Brand new MS 261cm for $629 CDN = $482.85 US

http://en.stihl.ca/STIHL-Products/Chain-saws-and-pole-pruners/0130/Gas-chain-saws-for-forestry.aspx

That's the real price, but there's tax on top of that. Some places in Canada have pretty high sales tax. Then shipping. I actually just received this little guy in the mail from Canada yesterday. It's a 261cm-vw.

Mine was a little pricier than the basic model, but I will forget about that when my fingers are toasty warm while I'm cutting. :)

rps20170203_064715_840.jpg

That's the real price, but there's tax on top of that. Some places in Canada have pretty high sales tax. Then shipping. I actually just received this little guy in the mail from Canada yesterday. It's a 261cm-vw.

Mine was a little pricier than the basic model, but I will forget about that when my fingers are toasty warm while I'm cutting. :)

View attachment 555699
Are both handles heated or just the throttle side?

any of you guys with the 241 notice that when the saw runs out of gas that there is stihl some in the tank? tried moving the filter/pickup but it seems to return to the sdame place.
No I didn't, I can tell you they sure are stingy on the gas consumption, you got to love it!

Back