Forest Improvement Hard Maple Chainsawmilling Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could tell. It's tough to wait. I've had Black Cherry that looked like the piece you planed.

Off the topic:
So your a turner. I'm not, but I have a question.
I have a client that wants a turned base for a pedestal table. It's larger then the normal turned base. Is there somewhere out there that does larger turnings? A catalog company. Oh and in cherry. I'd guess somewhere in the 12-14 inch range.

Osborne has stuff like that, I can turn 12 inches in diameter but only around 20 inches long and would have to do it in sections and fit it up. Looking to get a larger lathe as time comes on but don't have the extra $4000 right now

I just don't have any experience turning. Kinda a big piece to learn on. I'd rather buy something. Thanks a I'll check them out. I'll let you know if they don't have what i'm looking for.

nice looking stuff there.will make some great projects,i can see why you had to plane a piece to see exactly what you had.

If it were 1.375"+ thick, I woulda been a solid interest. You should have no issue selling it. It looks nice. It reminds me of massur birch more than birds eye maple, though it certainly is maple. If you find more like that, and it's thicker, let me know!

Back