Gas Powered Post Driver

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heffalump

Y'all Mofo's Need Jesus
Reaction score
Seriously contemplating getting one. Word is they're the bees knees for t-posts etc.

Anyone have any experience with these?

How many posts you gotta set? I had to think back on this when to the way the post hole digger felt as I pounded then into the soil. I tried the trick of wetting the ground over night for a ways. It was still no fun. I would encourage you to throw caution to the wind and buy that post driver if you have more than a few. I used one years later and it was not painful at all and the job went so much faster. The line was straight.

I have no idea how many, but likely we'll always be setting more.

Mrs. Heffalump is definitely warm to the idea, so I think it's gonna happen....unless I can rent one. Honestly, I think they're ridiculously expensive. $1500? Really? For a little Honda 4cyc and some apparatus? I feel like these things are priced to keep individual consumers out, but small businesses in.

I wish! Nowhere around me has one. Closest is in Philomath.

Plus, I have a rule about buying power equipment: when the wife approves the expenditure, I don't question it. ;)

Back