Heated Handgrips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sty57

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I always thought that was just dumb to have them.
But after Dad got a 550xpg last fall and I got a 346xpg this fall. Now I wish all my saws had them.
I was out in the woods for 8hrs. today and when I left the house it was 10° by the afternoon it got up to the Lo 20's so it wasn't that cold but I love them now.

My hands always seem to be sweaty so I don't know ,...ya know ? But I am not trying to earn a living either, out there all day. I just cut my firewood 6 cords a year a few trees every weekend in the winter till I have enough.

Once you have a saw with heated handles, you won't buy another with out them.

My Husky dealer told me yesterday that of the XP's he sells, 80% are now with heat.

I wear extremely light uninsulated gloves in the Winter when running a saw. The handles will get so hot you need gloves on as you couldn't hang on for long with out them. It feels great on your hands.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I am not trying to make a living either, but the last few years we have gotten so much snow that by mid January I couldn't get in the woods. So I got to go when I can.

Does anyone have a 562XPG? Does the heat work well?
A local guy was complaining to me that his 562 does not put out the heat like his 372XPG.

The handle on my 550 & 562 get extremely hot if you are making a lot of bucking cuts. The 372 handles get warm, but nothing like the new saws.

Agreed - for the relatively small incremental cost increase, I think they're totally worth it. Even when it isn't freezing cold, it makes things more pleasant - 40* and soaking wet in the rain, for example. Makes working with wet gloves more tolerable, too.

Exactly! :D

They are more or less mandatory here, and always what I get when the option exists.

Niko, what is the power output on the generators? Are they the same on all saws, or do the bigger displacement models have a larger generator?

I have heated grips on my quads that are adjustable and they get used a lot, even in summer, wet muddy gloves suck...I'd love heated grips on any of my saws.....

Back