• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Honda XR650R Street Legal Near NY

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshy

285 Killa
Reaction score
I figured this is a long shot but Im searching for a street titled Honda XR650R for sale. I'd be willing to travel to a neighboring state of NY for the right bike. Let me know, thanks.

I figured this is a long shot but Im searching for a street titled Honda XR650R for sale. I'd be willing to travel to a neighboring state of NY for the right bike. Let me know, thanks.
What kind of price range you looking in and what are you expecting for year and mileage.

They are so few that come up for sale in the northeast that any price would be considered (within reason). Total miles don't really matter in this case because they are usually unknown. Unlike a pure street bike these only came with a spedo and resettable odometer because they were manufactured as an off road bike. The bike was manufactured from 2000-2008 and had no changes so any year would work. It needs to have a transferable title so that I can put it on the road in NY. I believe Ohio doesn't have titles so that's an example where it might not work... Also, I strongly prefer if it was from NY or a neighboring state so that I can drive a reasonable distance to look it over and pick it up.

They are so few that come up for sale in the northeast that any price would be considered (within reason). Total miles don't really matter in this case because they are usually unknown. Unlike a pure street bike these only came with a spedo and resettable odometer because they were manufactured as an off road bike. The bike was manufactured from 2000-2008 and had no changes so any year would work.
I'm not one to decide what others would pay, similar to you not liking my corroded bolt 288 :laugh:. I would say 2500-3500 should get you a nice one with fairly low use. Maybe a bit cheaper if it's been sitting and needs the carb cleaned to run other than with the choke on. Those are the ones I like :D.
I see them in my searchs often, forgot the speedo is just for basic trip mileage or calculating distance traveled/ fuel economy.
I'll keep an eye out for you, it is what I do ;).

I am from Northeastern PA, so it would be a bit of a ride down from New York for you. From where your signature says to where I am, which is the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Area it could be roughly 3 hours of a drive. Now I don't know how adamant you are about finding one. I know I am constantly looking for them as well, here is the link to the one that posts on my local Craigslist:

https://scranton.craigslist.org/mcy/5994007020.html
- the post says it was put up 10 days ago, I'm always on the list looking for another bike. Like CAD, I also suffer from MAD (Motorcycle).

There is also a like new 2004 XR400R that is for sale in Blakeslee PA, which by the looks of it, is a total gem with low hours. Here is the link to that one as well, this one was recently posted a day ago.

https://scranton.craigslist.org/mcy/6007025084.html

- Hope this helps

I am from Northeastern PA, so it would be a bit of a ride down from New York for you. From where your signature says to where I am, which is the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Area it could be roughly 3 hours of a drive. Now I don't know how adamant you are about finding one. I know I am constantly looking for them as well, here is the link to the one that posts on my local Craigslist:

https://scranton.craigslist.org/mcy/5994007020.html
- the post says it was put up 10 days ago, I'm always on the list looking for another bike. Like CAD, I also suffer from MAD (Motorcycle).

There is also a like new 2004 XR400R that is for sale in Blakeslee PA, which by the looks of it, is a total gem with low hours. Here is the link to that one as well, this one was recently posted a day ago.

https://scranton.craigslist.org/mcy/6007025084.html

- Hope this helps
I've been in talks with the guy with that xr and have plans to go see the bike. I wanted to go this weekend but it didn't work out. He texted me on Friday and said he had received a down payment and should receive full payment on Monday. He going to let me KNOW if they falls through our not. I grew up in Watkins Glen area so is not a bad drive. I'm also of at a 2011 KTM EXC 530 in eastern PA. That will be 4 hrs one way. Hopefully the XR DEAL falls through and I'll stop and look at it in my way to the KTM.

Can't wait for warmer weather. I was happier last week with no snow even though it was 10F. I was able to get some trees cut and dragged out of the woods. I got all the tops cleaned up before the snow came back. I'm ready to ride even though I need to check the valve clearances for good measure.

Back