How much fuel per hour???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't really kept track of time on gas but I have noticed a pattern that I can get about a truckload of wood per tank, w/ a 310. well up to the bed rails not heaping or ranked. A 361 I have occasionally used seems to go a bit longer, but have never really accuratley compared. I'm cutting a bunch of cherry and maple within the next few days, I will time it and if I can remember I'll post.

Okay I remembered, here it goes: one the smaller stuff the 310 w/ 20" bar it would last right at 30-35 min. On an American Elm about 18-20 dia. 23 min. I was able to make 14 cuts. I will say I never actually ran it clear out but just when I would notice it wanting to bog. Maybe tomorow I can tell you about the 361.

the ms 361 is super efficient.

it does not run on gas or mix. it runs on hopes and dreams. the exhaust has the smell of fresh cut flowers. the chain running under the clutch cover actually produces a rainbow instead of sawdust, even when theres no sun. the sounds produced by the engine are akin to the finest composition played by the finest orchestra in the finest music hall.

i could go on but everyone here owns one, so we all already know.

HaHaHa. I think the saw is being used to harvest to many shrooms.

24"

I started a thread asking if there was something wrong with my 394 because of how much gas I go thru. Most everyone agreed that it's just a thirsty saw along with the bigger stihls, only that they have a slightly larger tank.

When I say 7 cuts, I'm talking about green oak with the 32" bar barried running wot, nonstop. Probably just under 20 minutes?

That might make a difference. My buddy runs 24" on his.

Cutting 16' firewood, my Stihl ms 180 runs a fuel tank in 20 minutes.

Thinning 10" - 20" pines up to 40 minutes per tank, that's anywhere between 50 to 70 trees in one hour, even a hundred if they're super-skinny, but down to 30-40 if they're big like 18", 'bout 30 feet tall and 100 scary feet when they're big, less than 40 minutes on a tank when bigger, that's 036, the top thinning saw period. With a 2165 only 30 minutes not 40, and it's tank holds more

Latest posts

Back