Husky 42 build complete....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landmark

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted a last week with questions about this cylinder and how I damaged it with acid. After advice to go ahead and use it I did and here's some pics of the build. Deleted base gasket, squish was 18, did a MM and I have to say this little saw really surprised me. thanks again for all the help.clyinder fix.JPG 42.JPG IMG_1905.JPG 42 squish.JPG

Looks good.
what piston cyl kit did you use?
used the oem cylinder. had a spot under the exhaust port but should be fine according to opinions on the other post I had on it. Had to use a Golf piston
due to the fact the 42 piston is NLA and all I could find was golf.

used the oem cylinder. had a spot under the exhaust port but should be fine according to opinions on the other post I had on it. Had to use a Golf piston
due to the fact the 42 piston is NLA and all I could find was golf.
Got an original part number for that piston?
I've got some husky parts that are about 20 years old, there's a few pistons in the lot.

I found an original cylinder and piston kit from Husqvarna for this saw, the guy is kind of a strange dork, but he's sold 3 of the 5 sets he had.

$250 (which considering that Husky gets about $300 isn't a great deal, but it's not insane either)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-PISTON-CYLINDER-ASSEMBLY-HUSQVARNA-42-246-chainsaw-/150588896990

Apparently he enjoys seeing his own goofy mug in all of his listings :p
Thanks for the info. If this dont work I mite have to do somthing else.

Good question. as best I can remember I didnt use any heat just coaxed the muffler apart. I believe it came apart pretty easily.

Back