Husky 562xp vs 365xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 262 but sold it, wasn't that impressed with it.
I know you are partial to the 357's which are another saw I would pick up if one came along.

Before I knew them, my friend and his dad both had 262's as did a friend of theirs. His dad's was an earlier model and ripped, the friend's was so-so, and the son's was meh. Very noticeable difference despite the vitals of the lesser saw checking out OK and was in good tune.

I know you are partial to the 357's which are another saw I would pick up if one came along.

Before I knew them, my friend and his dad both had 262's as did a friend of theirs. His dad's was an earlier model and ripped, the friend's was so-so, and the son's was meh. Very noticeable difference despite the vitals of the lesser saw checking out OK and was in good tune.
I didn't use the 262 much, but it was pretty strong. I've run better and worst examples. They are good saws, but getting too old and harder to get parts for. They also feel larger than a 357.

I recently picked up a 550 and 562. The 562 took a few tanks to come alive but that thing screams now. The 550 is super light and easy handling. Very happy with both saws.
I couldn't be more pleased with my 550 and 562. Other than the 550 not caring for 32:1 fuel they have ran perfectly.

Im wandering if gas quality might have something to do with hot starting issues. I recently changed the gas I use. Now my 254, 346 and k760 flutter like hell in the 90 degree heat when I start them hot. I never had this happen until I switched gas. I feel that most products these day are based on quanity over quality. What a shame.

I'd love a 262 but the only ones I've ever seen in person are in Spike's "museum".
I owned 262 and 261, very very little difference between them. They vibrated noticeably more than the new saws and a lot more than a 51oo Dolmar that I ran back to back.
I have had a nagging problem with two 365xt's. When finished with a long cut they idle very low rpm and then recover to normal idle speed after awhile, 10-15 seconds. Holding the bar straight down the rpm's go down and holding the bar straight up the rpm's go up. Same symptoms for two saws and three carburetors.
I really like the 365xt but haven't been able to solve this.

On the 562 would y'all recommend 50-1 or 40-1? I'm leaning towards 40-1 with 90 octane non E.

I'm thinking that Florida and 562 might not go so well together.

If not there may be a for trade in the classifieds for a low hour 562 for a 365. Majority of my cutting would be in the winter and fall but it needs to be ready to run during hurricane season and for jobs here and there in the summer.

lets just cut the bull and go straight to the oil thread....I built a "262" from a scorched 261 with a early non decomp cylinder and 262 piston clutch ect...I run 16 inch 325 lgx and it really goes for fire wood and awesome for felling up to the bar size and for learning some fan cuts on easy fells for me.....im still all screw carbs

Not surprising.

Half of the guys on this forum griping about 562 reliability haven't ever owned one.

I went on the Husqvarna site to see what people thought. I ran across at least 3 threads that were duplicates back to back ripping the saw. I reported it to them, talk about spam. One of my coworkers rips me by saying he has the 372 and it's a fast saw that he can't get to bog down cutting like the 257 so " I am wasting time cutting with a small saw" He starts to tell me he has an old 5 HP splitter and how slow it could be. I then tell him I have a new 13 HP splitter that never bogs down and how he is wasting his time:laugh:. He just smiled and told me to go bleep myself.

Love my 562xp! Fastest saw I've ran until I bought my 390xp. Stock for stock in 24" + dead ash. I've found running in the heat they auto tune saws really love 100ll av gas. Usually run rec 90 no ethanol in the winter. Have a 555 as well zero issues aside from a decompression button leak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back