Husky case splitter???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighter33

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have a cut out of a husqvarna case splitter? A friend of mine can make me one we just dont have the measurements or one to go off of. Any help would be great. I have a 394 sitting here with new bearings,seals and piston to go in and need to split the case.
Thanks Mike

I know someone posted that info in one of the 372xp threads, but I have no idea which one and I have had no luck finding the information again. I would think that you could make one just using measurements off of the saw itself, bearing width and such.

this is a simple, but effective one

attachment.php

I know someone posted that info in one of the 372xp threads, but I have no idea which one and I have had no luck finding the information again. I would think that you could make one just using measurements off of the saw itself, bearing width and such.

I tried the search function with not much luck but some pics and videos. But no measurement or patterns.:(

I made one out of some 'c'' channel. drilled out the holes to match the crank and the bar studs and used a 2 jaw puller.

I dont have a press either... thats why im trying to make the husky splitter u can do both sides. And i plan to do the freeze bearing and heat case trick to put it back together.

I have the splitter your looking for...problem is that it's still at the old house, hasn't made the move yet. If your willing to wait, i could have it by the weekend.

I made this one when I was splitting my 394xp case. This is scaled 1:1 so you should only have to print this out on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper and it will be full size. I then welded a 2 x 2 tube on top for strength. Then on the flat plate on the back I welded a 1/2" nut that I used a 8" section of threaded rod with 2 hex nuts welded to one end so I could use a socket wrench to drive it instead of my hands. I should also note that making a small nipple on the end of the all thread to keep it centered on the shaft made it much easier. When I get home this evening I will try to remember to get a picture of it completed for you.

View attachment 182774View attachment 182775

Latest posts

Back