Husqvarna 353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow in 2006 I paid $409US for my 353G and I was told I was crazy to pay $65 more for the G . But its crazy how you have to pay so much more over there. And I your money worth bit more then ours to .
Woodblocker55

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Does that keep used prices up more. On chainsaws I can see that being a big deal ..

Woodblocker55

Yes and no. When private persons sell there is always variance.

I would say price for good and nice looking 353 would be like 200€ and 346 oe 250€. But sometimes can be lot cheaper. Husqvarnas seem to be wanted and asked for more. Jonsereds and stihls are usually bit cheaper for some reason.

This 353 I just bought was 100€ with scored piston and I thougt it was kind of ok due to visibly low hours and overal appearance.

353 cylinder seem to have very small transfer ports compared to 346. I think that is main reason for performance. Enlarge those would propably gain lot more power. But I don't have tools and don't want to risk ruining cylinder.

Carb heater was propably removed when handle heaters have had problems. Even they shouldn't affect each other. If I find missing parts used I put heater back. New parts are just too expensive. Almost 200€ if I resellers information I found is correct.

If the heated 353 and 346xp saws had a carb heater varied with the market etc, your saw may never have had it? I have never seen or heard of one with a carb heater here in Norway.

The bore is different - but the other differences have a larger impact on the power output.

OE (45cc) 346 is 42 mm

NE (50cc) 346 is 44.3 mm

353 is 45 mm (51.7cc).

The stroke is 32.5 mm on all.

So, would it be fair to say that the 346 and 353 have the same relationship as the 357 and 359??

I've been curious about the 353 for awhile, and I wonder how it compares to a 359

Tested. Saw runs great.

Didn't have wood to cut now and had only some old dull chain but I let it idle 10 minutes to let it warm and so on. All ok, even handles warm up.

Have to see if bar oil still leaks. I tried some fixes for it.

But overall nice saw for 140€ price it cost me.

Next would be nice to find some bigger husky, like 60-70cc. But they are rare here. Haven't see many used for sale.

Tested. Saw runs great.

Didn't have wood to cut now and had only some old dull chain but I let it idle 10 minutes to let it warm and so on. All ok, even handles warm up.

Have to see if bar oil still leaks. I tried some fixes for it.

But overall nice saw for 140€ price it cost me.

Next would be nice to find some bigger husky, like 60-70cc. But they are rare here. Haven't see many used for sale.
Yes that's pretty cheap and great saw.

Woodblocker55

My Redmax G5300 same as 353 worked great.Used 20LPX066 chain,16" bar and run 8 pin rim with muffler mod . Now that I have 550xpg I don't miss the noise from muffler mod or the oil stained cardboard 353 couldn't go without from chain oil leaking [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back