Hutzl 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman_gq

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone built a Hutzl 372xp? I have an OEM 372 cylinder on my bench that I can clean up and track down a meteor piston. Thinking it might be a decent little project and my brother could use a firewood saw, I've always wanted a 372.

yea i built one --but you need to sell me that OEM cylinder--lol--

some of these hudzl,farmertec types of builds come out very well-- two or three years back i built a ms440 with mostly hudzl parts and some time after that i built a 372XP with ALL china parts . the MS440 was no sweat --the 372 was a bit "tweeky" but has now settled down into a solid strong saw--

if you have experience with saws you shouldn't have much of a problem building a 372 from a kit.

seems like some place that started with an "A" sells those husky kits for $215 shipped--

you tube has a lot of them cutting -- just search china 365/372 ect-- some seem to run very hard--

add the shipping at hutzl-- its like $80 i think--

arbor tec -- yea thats the place --

seems anything like that from china runs about $70-80 shipping. Still not a bad deal if they run good and hold up to consumer use, maybe look into better crank bearings and seals along with the piston and jug.

Look up allfleetcommand on youtube.hes a member on here and built one.only thing he used was oem cases and crank.everything else was hutzl.he told me the saw has been in use for 2yrs now and still going strong.

i used a hudzl case and p/c on the 440 , and a arbor-tec case on the 372XP -- and i also used their cranks, bearings , seals and even those circle clips everybody hates-- i like their cases---

i got a spare 372 short block from arbor tec -- never used it--

i also used their coils, flywheels and sparkplugs -- , carbs, intakes and mounts, oil pumps and small parts-- to be honest the only things i worry about much are their rubber stuff-- the starter on the 372XP and how long the plating will hold in the cylinders--

the MS 440 i have run for several years-- so far it has cut more wood than the ms290 box store saw i had that locked up-- i don't think the china cylinders or rings will hold up like OEM in a pro saw , but their at least as good as a typical box store saw-- that said i am still trying to wear these out-- on 50 to one mix no less-- and so far they seem to be fine--

if you take your time and check everything over -- and do a good job on assembly there is no reason to think you can't make a decent saw from a china supplied kit. you will probably find a few things that need to be corrected in the kit-- but once it is sorted they run shockingly well--

Arbotec sells the farmertec brand parts. If you go to Huztl.net you will save money. They even have the same part numbers

hudzl is cheaper on individual parts -- parts kits they vary arbor tec sells the 372 kit for 215 shipped hudz $247 , with the 361 huztl is a bit less than arbortec--

their probably one and the same -- just two storefronts --

Latest posts

Back