Ideal wood hauling trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love My Dump!!!

14' with drop axles. Rated for 12000 but weighs in empty at 3000 which gives me a 9000 payload. Makes my 350 grunt when she's loaded up! I'm showing off for the camera in the first pic. The battery that came with it was kind of a joke, but I put a NAPA Tractor / Bus Battery in it and it has no problems now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Firstly, I'd find out what the factory specs for your 1/2 ton say about how much you can pull and go from there. It's surprising how much a load of wood can weigh.

Ahhh that stuff is over rated! Just keep piling it on until you get a bit nervous feeling and then throw a couple of the bigger rounds off:laugh:

The trailer behind the atv is built by a company named THULE

The bed size is 52" x 79" Both sides fold down or you can them off and make a flat rack. The tongue swivels 360 degrees.
The other trailer is a 6x10 e-z dumper. Dave

Nice little truck! Maybe you'd like to send me your trailer. No COD!!! Giver pays shipping!! :):)

Seriously though, if I had a truck like that I wouldn't use a trailer much either!

Here's the trailer and as you can see it's a bit of a handful in tight areas for reversing, never mind handballing the wood off it.

29072009364.jpg

Ahhh that stuff is over rated! Just keep piling it on until you get a bit nervous feeling and then throw a couple of the bigger rounds off:laugh:

Ha! Easy for you to say with the nice F350 PSD :). One day I'll join the '1-ton' club.

Kevin

In my mind, there is no ideal wood haulin' trailer. What's perfect for your situation may be no good at all for me. What's good for me may be a pain in the butt for you. A quality trailer is the best place to start looking for what works for you.
My trailer isn't ideal for me but it's what I have to work with right now.

With sideboards.
Chomper038.jpg

Chomper017.jpg

Without sideboards.
HaulingLogs019.jpg

HaulingLogs011.jpg

Andy

In my mind, there is no ideal wood haulin' trailer. What's perfect for your situation may be no good at all for me. What's good for me may be a pain in the butt for you. A quality trailer is the best place to start looking for what works for you.

Well said.

Kevin

I have an 8'x5' and it works very well for 90% of what I do.
The reason I like it is because it is the same width as the tow vehicle, that makes it a lot easier to park and manoeuvere, especially on the narrow lanes and roads we have here in Ireland.
The high sides make it versatile for bigger loads and loose lightweight stuff that would otherwise have to be strapped down.
attachment.php

I posted this before but here it is again.

I have an 8'x5' and it works very well for 90% of what I do.
The reason I like it is because it is the same width as the tow vehicle, that makes it a lot easier to park and manoeuvere, especially on the narrow lanes and roads we have here in Ireland.
The high sides make it versatile for bigger loads and loose lightweight stuff that would otherwise have to be strapped down.

I posted this before but here it is again.

Neat little trailer. Do you happen to know GVWR for that trailer?

Kevin

Neat little trailer. Do you happen to know GVWR for that trailer?

Kevin

I am not sure what the GVWR refers too, the Max gross weight is 2000kg.
Trailer + load. This is the lighter version there is also a 2700kg version with heavier tyre/wheels and a heavier hitch attachment.
That manufacturer is quite famous over here for producing well balanced trailers.

I am not sure what the GVWR refers too, the Max gross weight is 2000kg.
Trailer + load. This is the lighter version there is also a 2700kg version with heavier tyre/wheels and a heavier hitch attachment.
That manufacturer is quite famous over here for producing well balanced trailers.

GVWR is Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, the max a vehicle can weigh loaded, so you have a 2000kg (or 4400lb) GVWR on the trailer.

Your trailer looks great! I think my Subaru Legacy wagon would explode if I tried to tow 4,400 lbs. with it. Then again, I hear European trailer ratings are a lot higher than in the US for given vehicles.

Latest posts

Back