Iggesund Forest own sawchain...???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desko74

Hungary
Reaction score
Anyone tried these Iggesund Saw chains?
Are they manufacturing chains too...???

On their website I just find the sawchains.....

This deserves a bump.

I have no idea. Maybe the folks at the chainsaw forum ran out of Germany (I'm guessing that it's still active) would know?

Iggesund is Swedish, not German - and are most known for their harvester bars.

They do make chainsaw bars as well though. The chains they offer looks like rebranded Carlton, judged on the looks and the designation system.

http://www.iggesundforest.se/produkter/kedjor/kedjor-foer-motorsaagssvaerd

I mentioned the chainsaw forum based in Germany because the European members active there might know more about Iggesund than the members here on this US based site.

As Troll said a Swedish company we have used a couple of their Harvester bars & they included a chain loop in 1 of the orders as they had just introduced them. I thought they were possibly Windsor (but would stand corrected)

I mentioned the chainsaw forum based in Germany because the European members active there might know more about Iggesund than the members here on this US based site.

I am European, but in Hungary we have not much idea about Iggesund chains. Only the Grube /webshop/ dealing with R2 bars--I have one--
but no chains.
That's why a tried to ask you guys.

But I already get a correct answer in private, therefore I see clear.

I don't think it is a secret... :oops:
He said:
They are manufacturing the 1.5 mm/0.58" / chain, but the 1.6 mm /0.63"/chain, made by Carlton.
Interesting....

Odd statement - I suspect there is a misunderstanding somewhere, and it all (the chain) is Carlton.

Odd statement - I suspect there is a misunderstanding somewhere, and it all (the chain) is Carlton.

He said on the own 1.5 chain, semi chisel. The thooth has adistinct goldish colour after the hardening process.

I never seen similar coulor on Carlton chain.

I will receive different chains straight from the Iggesund
factory soon,...... we will see.
I will make photos if you like....

The chain may of course have been ordered that way from Carlton, if they buy enough of it.

It would be odd if they set up their own chain factory, just to produce one of the gauges themselves....

The chain may of course have been ordered that way from Carlton, if they buy enough of it.

It would be odd if they set up their own chain factory, just to produce one of the gauges themselves....

Hmm....it is true.
I am looking forwald to check them in my hand.

I am agree ,there is no commen sence to produce only one type of size.

The 0.63" chains are made by Carlton. Chisel chain.

As I understand it the 0.58" chains are made or put together at the Iggesund factory.
I will check with Iggesund on monday. That way we can be certain.

The number system on the website is Carlton all the way, N1, A1-3 and K1-3?

.050 chain (including, but not restricted to 3/8" lo-pro) is listed as well as .058 and .063.

OT question-how do you like the R2 bar? How much flex in it, how does ti wear compared to Oregon and Stihl? The last Oregon bar I got is ugly soft, so I´m in the market for sth better, because of grit infested wod and, of course, black locust

OT question-how do you like the R2 bar? How much flex in it, how does ti wear compared to Oregon and Stihl? The last Oregon bar I got is ugly soft, so I´m in the market for sth better, because of grit infested wod and, of course, black locust

Few years ago the alloy hardness of the R2 was not the
same like nowadays. It was softer.
The present hardness of the alloy is improved.
Now,harder than before.
I will receive soon a few of this new alloy guide bars.
I am looking forwald to test them....:clap:

the tie straps in the pic niko posted literally say carlton on them lol i sure hope it ain't supposed to be a secret.

Latest posts

Back