Iggesund Forest own sawchain...???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some years back there was a brand of chain labeled on the box IIRC" Red Mountain" it was left with us by a rep who were trying to market it, was inscribed with the same #'s as Carlton appeared identical in profile/tooth form, & was a bronze colour, can't remember if it was any good etc ( but probably nothing special or I would have remembered, no idea if it's still on the market

Some years back there was a brand of chain labeled on the box IIRC" Red Mountain" it was left with us by a rep who were trying to market it, was inscribed with the same #'s as Carlton appeared identical in profile/tooth form, & was a bronze colour, can't remember if it was any good etc ( but probably nothing special or I would have remembered, no idea if it's still on the market

As far as I know, the "Red Mountain" bars were/are? made by Sugihara.

Interesting......
Don't you have any photo by chance?

Had a quick Google ( Red Mountain chainsaw chain) & it appears they are still going, several different sites seem to be trading their kit.

Please inform us after than! :cheers:

I got the answer from Iggesund today.

Iggesund uses parts from several suppliers to make chains.
The harvester chains are made by Carlton and Stihl to mention two, and some are put together with parts from different suppliers.

Most of the sawchains delivered now are made by Carlton as that's what they have the most of on the shelves. The sawchains with gold teeth will gradually replace the Carlton chains once they run out of them.

They have gotten alot of positive feedback on the gold coloured chains. So far, people seem to like them.

I got the answer from Iggesund today.

Iggesund uses parts from several suppliers to make chains.
The harvester chains are made by Carlton and Stihl to mention two, and some are put together with parts from different suppliers.

Most of the sawchains delivered now are made by Carlton as that's what they have the most of on the shelves. The sawchains with gold teeth will gradually replace the Carlton chains once they run out of them.

They have gotten alot of positive feedback on the gold coloured chains. So far, people seem to like them.

Thank you, the info! :)

Could we know something about this "gold teeth" chain?
Might be Stihl product...?!?!??? o_O

I never ever heard about,that the Stihl sold any of their own product to other manufacturer....o_O

Thank you, the info! :)

Could we know something about this "gold teeth" chain?
Might be Stihl product...?!?!??? o_O

I never ever heard about,that the Stihl sold any of their own product to other manufacturer....o_O

No problem.

The chain is semi chisel and the gold colour is from the hardening process. After having used the chain for a while, I find that it's easy to sharpen and holds it's edge very well.
It is not a Stihl product.

Back