Inside the 372XP X-TORQ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's only one way to handle something like this. I got his phone # and gave him a call. It's not fun facing the music, but it's the only way.

Well incase anyone is wondering, the saw is mine. I spoke to Brad over the phone, he was more than honest and felt horrible about it. Im a Firefighter and know the likely hood that "Sh*t happens". I worked on a Porsche race team and the first i built motor blew up. Turns out the crank failed from a crack that wasnt seen with magna fluxing...oh well it happened and we had to fix it. I dont blame brad for what happened he followed normal procedures for what he does. He built my 390 and 346, im more than happy with them. Hes doing everything he can to get my saw to me in perfect order. I cant ask for anything else. My hat is off to him.

Thanks Brad!

If you're not breaking stuff you're not trying hard enough is what the tractor pullers always told me. If you do enough of them there's bound to be one break. I wouldn't worry about it at all as the customer isn't upset about it. You just won't make profit off it and it's a learning experience.

But hopefully it won't set you back a whole lot.

You just need a piston, right? It could have been alot worse. It happens with any business, as most of you know. It's like Mike said, if you're not breaking anything youre not working hard enough.

I am confident that the man will have his saw on time. You seem like a stand-up guy. Cudos bro!

Be more interesting to see a before and after or modded vs. stock on the same wood! (with wood big enough to matter & 24inch bar!)

Also it seems that you use the original carburetor, is that a potential place for improvement..a larger carburetor? Be interested in what style muffler mod you used to complement the other mods.

Like the MS261 thread, interesting post!

The x-torq carb is larger than the standard 372 set up, although not by much. Didn't write it down but 1.5mm sticks in my head. Intake port on this saw would limit the gains by a larger carb.

Thanks for the kind words of support. I'm just really glad it happened to me before I shipped it. Yes, I'm extremely lucky I didn't scrap the cylinder. My personal saw I mentioned earlier required a new cylinder both times. Paul, it's a pleasure working for someone like you.

The saw runs great, as demonstrated by the way it ran in that Oak. However, it's no match for my non-strato 372BB. That's why I went back home after making the vid and was playing with the ignition timing. I didn't get to find out what that did or did not do for it. Initial impressions after advancing the ignition, is that it negatively affected throttle response. It created a hesitation of some kind that was not there before. So this may be one saw that doesn't like it. I won't sacrifice useability for a little more speed. This is a work saw first. I think Paul will be very happy with it.

thanks for the kind words of support. I'm just really glad it happened to me before i shipped it. Yes, i'm extremely lucky i didn't scrap the cylinder. My personal saw i mentioned earlier required a new cylinder both times. Paul, it's a pleasure working for someone like you.

The saw runs great, as demonstrated by the way it ran in that oak. However, it's no match for my non-strato 372bb. That's why i went back home after making the vid and was playing with the ignition timing. I didn't get to find out what that did or did not do for it. Initial impressions after advancing the ignition, is that it negatively affected throttle response. It created a hesitation of some kind that was not there before. So this may be one saw that doesn't like it. I won't sacrifice useability for a little more speed. This is a work saw first. I think paul will be very happy with it.
why oh why are you experimenting with customers saws?

In the X-TORQ's defense, my 372BB has a popup piston and several tanks through it. This was the very first tank on a tight new saw. Mweba has commented how his picked up after several tanks. That seems to be more true of strato saws for some reason.

why oh why are you experimenting with customers saws?

Simple Harry...Because i asked him to. I know full well the potential risks involved. I look at it this way. If things dont work out i'll have Brad do a Big Bore on it lol:biggrinbounce2: (of course i'll pay for it :))...Im sure i'll be more than happy with it.

Here's my 372BB in the same wood, with the same B&C. This is an exceptionally good running 372.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJIImZ3z0do?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJIImZ3z0do?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Here are the pics. I'm currently uploading the vid of the saw cutting Oak.

1114290341_R4S5n-M.jpg

1114290608_7UfPZ-M.jpg

Brad,
Do you think that will clean up with a little Acid and some Q-tips ? :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry about the extra workload due to the unforeseen detour.

Brad,
Do you think that will clean up with a little Acid and some Q-tips ? :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry about the extra workload due to the unforeseen detour.

Lol, maybe I can JBWeld it back together;) This couldn't have come at a much worse time. Seems like everyone and their brother wants a saw right now. I'm probably going to start turning down jobs until after the new year, or at least until I'm caught up. I don't like to make anyone wait on their saw.

Lol, maybe I can JBWeld it back together;) This couldn't have come at a much worse time. Seems like everyone and their brother wants a saw right now. I'm probably going to start turning down jobs until after the new year, or at least until I'm caught up. I don't like to make anyone wait on their saw.

Well Brad, ya do know its firewood season for anyone that procrastinates till AFTER the very last minute :chainsawguy: or the Holiday Gift giving season( formerly known as Christmas time)...

Count the blessings, in this economy any demand is good. Supply can always be managed, demand is there or it isn't, and comes and goes when it wants.

A

Here's my 372BB in the same wood, with the same B&C. This is an exceptionally good running 372.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJIImZ3z0do?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJIImZ3z0do?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I would say so lol...No shortage of power and torque there. BTW check your PM's

you gonna tip that saw upside down and shake the pieces out like usual?

No, just the muffler:hmm3grin2orange:
yeah,thats what i thought....turn it upside down and try to flush the small peices out and call it good......on a brand new saw.....OH WAIT! its not new anymore....its used and been trashed once! but youll grind up the port where the ring caught it and tell the customer that part of the port needed to go any way?

Back