Jonsered 2163 users? MODS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armstrong

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have stayed away from mods so far other than opening the muffler up enough to melt my plastic.
I just acquired a 2163 that had a bad piston and borderline cylinder. So I decided that this will be my guinea pig since I know if it screws up, I'll end up putting a 2171 cylinder on it.
So I put a used piston, new ring on it and acid washed the Aluminum off the cylinder and smoothed it with fine sandpaper. Reassembled and went out to test it out. So I have a stock 2165, 2071 with big bore, and frequently use my father's 2171. This saw runs much faster than I had expected and I actually think it accelerates faster than any of the others that I mentioned. Can anybody else confirm this because I've only read about this being an underpowered saw and getting dropped due to poor performance. I have to say that aside from just cranking on firewood logs with the 2071, this is actually the saw I would grab first for the majority of my work and I feel is better than the 2165 and 2171 for all the limbing and 10" minus trees Im dealing with. So with it already being better in my opinion in stock form, I'm curious if anyone has strong opinions about which modifications are best with this setup?

Does anybody like these 2163/362xp saws or am I alone? Im dreaming of a 2260 and havent run one yet. Maybe they are so good that the 2163 is blah.

Back