Jonsereds 630

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndoritos

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Jonsereds 630 chainsaw with an Electrolux motor. It runs like a champ and from what I've read on the forums here, it is well liked. I'm wondering if anyone has an owner's manual or service manual available? Or know where I could get one? I'm primarily interested in specifications both general and tune-up related. Any information regarding the spark plug, oil/gas mixture ratio, chain/lube etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

The oil/gas mix is 50:1 on the 630. Search chainsaw collectors corner. There should tell you a lot about the 630. I have never got picky about bar oil. The cheaper the better. Its best to not let it run out of bar oil befor you add some more. Do a search on chainsaw repair manuals. Most I have seen included the Jonsereds.

WOW! Chainsaw Collectors Corner has got a lot of info. It appears to have the specs on the 630, however where do the specs come from? Any idea? The gas mixture listed there is 40:1. I'm guessing it's not that critical, but I thought it would have an affect on cold starting.

I tried running mine at 40:1 and it fouls the plug after a week. I went back to 50:1 and go a long time in between plug changes. The owners manual calls for 50:1. Mine has worked well for 13 years at the 50:1 mix. I have never tried 32:1 but some people do and swear by it.

My owners manual lumps the 625,630 and 670 all togather. It does not list a differance between any of these 3 saws on the gas mixture. If you can run richer then the 50:1 or 40:1 go for it. My 670 dont take to 40:1 at all.

I like to hear long term results. Looks like I'm going to give the 50:1 a try. Any now that you mention plug fouling - maybe I should try a different ratio in my weedwacker.

I would try the 40:1 first on the 630. If it dont foul the plug after a week or two stay with the 40:1 or richer if it will handle it as long as your not fouling the plug. I might try a synthetic oil and mix at 40:1 or 32:1 on my 670 but 40:1 on regular oil is a plug killer for me.

I have not been able to locate Jonsered Operator manuals on the internet, but I think that the Husky one below will cover your need for an OM pretty good for general use and maintenance - at least it is the closest I am able to find.
http://weborder.husqvarna.com/order_static/doc/HOEN/HOEN2002/HOEN2002_1140063-26.pdf
The Husky 61 and Jred 630 both shared the same fore-father - the Husky 162. Porting and carbs is most likely different, though - and the 630 has slightly more power than the 61.

I was looking at some old papers from Jonsered. Here it clearly states the 630 was used in the last and this -84 sweden championship.

Here is the good part.
I found the prospect for it too. :)
cc: 61,5
weight: 7,2kg
fuel: 0,7
oil: 0,4

A test driver for this saw in US was Ralf Levine

Back