Jonsered 630 Safety Interlock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purple badgers

Reaction score
Hi guys,

There's been some great info on this forum that's really helped me over the years so I thought this might help someone.

I've always loved the J-red 630 so decided to get my hands on one and go old school. I know... probably stupid... but I loved those saws back in the day!

Anyway, I got my hands on a decent one but it was missing the safety interlock.... and I couldn't get one for love nor money (I'm UK based and they're rare over this side of the pond). Sadly they're now also an obsolete part.... But I do have a 3d printer.

So with the help of adw's measuring skills over on the UK arbtalk forum, I've reproduced a 3d model of the part, printed it and it works as it should.

IMG_20240127_114342.jpg

So for anyone looking for this part, you can read the thread, download it for free and print it (using online services or your own printer) here: https://arbtalk.co.uk/forums/topic/134227-jonsered-safety-interlock-can-u-help

Hopefully that helps a few 625/630/670 owners keep these well built bits of kit going - I know we're out there! Yes, there's more modern stuff out there, but I still reckon these are worth keeping going.

IMG_20240127_121322.jpg

I couldn't find a direct match to any husky part I could find, so no idea - but then I'm not an expert. What does that part look like?

Here's my prototype part (white), against the J-red/husky original (black) before the final version was printed in black PET-G plastic.

image.png.e67c8acf68bb1fc7d53fa957fee8371d.png

At a guess- without comparing- they differ by the thumb tab (that would need cut off) for the husqvarna trigger lock high idle that the jonsered does not use- being more advanced development wise and all. :laugh:
Yeah I saw those - did consider butchering one to fit. They look sort of right, at least if you seriously butchered them. Wonder if anyone's done it successfully. For me though easier and cheaper to print.

Is it the same as this one? I did a quick search for my area and showed $6 for oem old stock plus shipping.

Which shipping over to you would be crazy.

View attachment 1148621
Yup that's the badger - and, yeah, shipping was crazy on one NOS part quote I got, whole thing totaled about $31 delivered and a 2-4 week wait from one seller (that's why I printed it - 22 cents with 40 min delivery is way better :laugh:)

Latest posts

Back