Labonville...Outlet!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So Friday I took the day off and left my house at six o'clock in the morning to make the four hour drive to the Fryeburg Fair up in Maine...the most awesomest fair there is.

In a fit of exceptionally poor planning, I dressed for temps in the upper 50s with drizzle and occasional showers, and arrived to find a steady-sometimes-heavy rain and the thermometer just barely breaking 40.

So after three hours I retreated looking like a cold, drowned muskrat.

Figured I'd salvage part of the trip and run over to the next town over, since North Conway, NH has a fair number of outlet stores and I wanted to find a new Columbia jacket for day-to-day wear.

I see "Labonville Factory Outlet"...WTF, the folks who make the chaps?

It was on the other side of the road, so after I found the Columbia store and a jacket at a great price, I had to check out the Labonville store on the way back.

Yep, the folks who make the chaps:

IMG_3040.JPG

I do think the "hardware" is mostly for decoration in this store, but it was well stocked with a lot of work clothes and boots.

I had no clue Labonville is based another hour north of there, on the other side of the White Mountains, never mind having a full retail store up there.

(and I now own a nice wool Labonville jacket, too.)

So Friday I took the day off and left my house at six o'clock in the morning to make the four hour drive to the Fryeburg Fair up in Maine...the most awesomest fair there is.

In a fit of exceptionally poor planning, I dressed for temps in the upper 50s with drizzle and occasional showers, and arrived to find a steady-sometimes-heavy rain and the thermometer just barely breaking 40.

So after three hours I retreated looking like a cold, drowned muskrat.

Figured I'd salvage part of the trip and run over to the next town over, since North Conway, NH has a fair number of outlet stores and I wanted to find a new Columbia jacket for day-to-day wear.

I see "Labonville Factory Outlet"...WTF, the folks who make the chaps?

It was on the other side of the road, so after I found the Columbia store and a jacket at a great price, I had to check out the Labonville store on the way back.

Yep, the folks who make the chaps:

IMG_3040.JPG

I do think the "hardware" is mostly for decoration in this store, but it was well stocked with a lot of work clothes and boots.

I had no clue Labonville is based another hour north of there, on the other side of the White Mountains, never mind having a full retail store up there.

(and I now own a nice wool Labonville jacket, too.)

I was there 2 weeks ago...it is both a mostly carhartt and hardly labonville outlet ...I agree it seems like most of the logging stuff is for decoration... don't think most tourists that go to North Conway are much of the logger type.
I have been there a few times, and I was in the area and needed a new cant hook/peavey so I stopped in...Labonville carries Peavey brand cant hooks/peaveys and quality has gone wayyyy down...POS...didn't buy it, ended up buying a CM Dixie locally, Made in USA with Forged parts...much higher quality for less money!
as for actual Labonville products...they are awesome quality :numberone:

I wouldnt mind haveing one of those new hand pruning saws for climbing i see on there wall..LOL

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the info.

Did that store carry any rigging supplies, chokers, hooks, mainline slides, rope, etc. etc.?

Been planning a trip to Gorham to check out the grapple and skidding winches and was going to load up on supplies. The N. Conway store would be a couple hours round trip shorter.

Thanks

Take Care

Very few...kind of enough to give it some "ambience" then about 80% of the floor space dedicated to Carhartt.

Probably enough stuff for the local tree guys who know what they need without asking for assistance to give it a try before they drive up to Gorham...I'd have to think their main store has a better selection.

Of course I didn't even know they had a main store until I saw the outlet :D

Back