No Husky, Jonsered teased, Stihl made $$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went up to ME last week for the Fryeburg Fair's Woodsman Field day. After fighting a 2 hour traffic jam, and battling through the hoards of people i finally made it to the chainsaw tents. I went first to the Jonsered tent. They had an awesome selection. About 35 saws, a few wood processors, racks of t-shirts, chaps, helmet systems, carrying cases..... etc. So after a little while i managed to get the attention of one of the Jonsered employees. Come to find out that nothing in the tent was for sale. NOTHING?!?! After a minute of disbelief, and confusion i talked to the highest ranking person that was there. He told me that the tent was there to inspire us to go to our local Jonsered dealers. So I boiled over, telling him the the 3 closest dealers all closed, and now I'd have to drive 40 miles to get a dealer. So he gave me his card, told me to call him with any parts i need, and he'll ship them out for me. NICE!!! Later i happened to look at the card and he's the regional distributor for the North East.
Then me an a friend went looking for the Husqvarna tent. None!!
So, off i went to the Stihl tent. Much the same as the Jonsered tent, but everything was for sale. They were moving some serious product, and for really cheap money. While standing in line to buy a couple chains and a case of HP Ultra I saw an MS 441 brand new, just assembled out of the box go for $450!! I got two RSC chains for $16, a case (not a six pack, a case)of HP Ultra for $26. They made some serious money that day. Saws were litterally flying out of that tent.
It's kinda sad that Jonsered didn't at least sell the stuff they had. And Husky didn't even show. Both of those companies lost out on making HUGE money.

Maybe Stihl was represented by a dealer, and not a distributer?

It would be bad conduct if a distributer undercut his dealers.....

It wasn't the STIHL company selling those saws, it was a dealer that makes the rounds at all the forestry events. Did they get a warranty card? Did they tune it? They don't have a shop, just a trailer with some saws and forestry accessories.

Last edited:
I was unable to make woodsman day at Fryeberg this year or last year due to work conflicts. The deals at the tent can be wicked good. I purchased my first ms440 at the fair many years ago and it is usually the only time I buy stihl chain (and stock up good). The stihl dealer at the tent used to be a full line husky dealer as well but I don’t recall ever seeing any husky products at fryeberg but back it those days you could simply buy them online.

If you go again, you really need to get to the fair early or you will get stuck in major traffic. You can also approach the fair grounds on 302 from the ME side. Traffic is usually much lighter than the NH side. Fryeberg is one of the best fairs in New England!

Wow, wish I had been there! Don't think I woudl have passed up a 441 for that price!

Smart thinking on Stihl's end (dealer or dist.) get the saws in peoples hands, less likely to grab something else down the road, if there happy. Stihl dealers make up the $ on all the other stuff needed to keep em running.

Didya but the 441? If not, GET OFF THIS SITE!!! You don't belong with this bunch of CAD freaks. :chainsaw:

Yeah I would've bought every 441 for $450 my bank account could afford.
Keep 1 and then make some nice side money off the rest. Probably spend
all the side money on some more saws I don't need.

Dang, I was in North Conway, NH last week.... can only be 10 miles away. We missed the woodsman field day by one day :cry:

a 441 for $450 and 8 six packs of HP Ultra for $26... Yeah, whatever! Don't believe ya. If that was the case, that dealer was paying people to buy from him.

So. Cal

Well up here us Yankees need bargins to by ANYTHING. I can belive it, I have seen some cheap deals at my local New Hampshire state fair as well. In NH we don't have the pesky sales tax like in CA or ME as well.:clap:

Latest posts

Back