logger suspenders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am all gut and no butt, even with a belt when I bend over the moon comes out, suspenders keeps the pants high and tight.

Photo0683_zps2a084b19.jpg

ok between the wedges ,spencer tape bar wrench this make sense, ,dont think i would want my pants loose enough for chips to fly down them ,but i know cutting i get real hot ,the looser pants seems like ventilation ,but whats the purpose of the log truck drivers ? seems like not a one doesn't wear them around here

Try working with a load of chips in your waistband. Didn't somebody mention drivers are wannabe fallers:laugh: More lunch room????? Actually have great respect for log truck drivers. Not a lot of the OTR guys could do what they do.

Well haven't seen manys drwers.:laugh: I was mostley reffering to these kids runnin around with there pants to their knees. Makes ya wanna put a brandin iron on the ass since they wanna show it.

So hawt right now

Besides, it is the style. But, there are special suspenders for the faller caste, and the plainer ones for the rest of us, and both should be the button ones.

You forgot the ones who wear two pair of suspenders...one for their pants and one for their chaps with the shoulder pad already attached.

If they're falling and helping in the rigging or running machinery it's perfectly acceptable to wear 2 different styles.

They both have to be button type though. No clip ons. The only guy I know that gets away with wearing clip ons is Randy Mac. I mean, who's going to say anything to him? He'd probably set you on fire. :D

why does it seem like all loggers wear suspenders to hold up their pants ? is their some real need for them or just cool to wear them ?

keeps you from having to stop and yank your pants back up when you are moving around a lot, pants will move down even with a belt when you are clambering through a bunch of uneven junk on steep terrain.

plus, if you carry stuff over your shoulder a lot you can strap a leather shoulder pad to them.

You forgot the ones who wear two pair of suspenders...one for their pants and one for their chaps with the shoulder pad already attached.

If they're falling and helping in the rigging or running machinery it's perfectly acceptable to wear 2 different styles.

They both have to be button type though. No clip ons. The only guy I know that gets away with wearing clip ons is Randy Mac. I mean, who's going to say anything to him? He'd probably set you on fire. :D
He's pretty good with a tire iron too.

Loggers wear underwear? Seems like it would slow them down.

Yes, and they were PINK! How do I know? A timber faller :bowdown: ran into a bee nest. I'd just arrived, as foresters do, fashionably late in the morning. I had just walked over to the log landing, which was on one of the heavily used roads that go to Mt. St Helens. We heard a scream. Then clothes started flying up in the air, and we could see by that, he was running up the hill towards us. When he got up to the road, he was only wearing pink shorts and calks, and was about to pull off the shorts when he noticed cars going by with folks gaping at him. It was a memorable moment.

Right now, our highway is busy with former fallers:bowdown: driving logs to our mills. I wouldn't pick on them. There are too many and they might gang up and drink all the coffee and constantly tell stories. :msp_biggrin:

why does it seem like all loggers wear suspenders to hold up their pants ? is their some real need for them or just cool to wear them ?

When my body conformation changed, my pants began creeping downward. Finally had to resort to suspenders. I've tried 'em all from cowboy to logger, and button logger non-leather do a great job. The leather ones are good too, just more expensive.:cool2:

Back