Making and installing fence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ticolawnllc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was think of getting a harbor fraught mill for my spruce and pine. My plan is to mill 4x4 and 6x6s for landscape timbers and fence post.

I have someone that takes my hard wood for free. Now I'm just left thinking of ways to get rid of what's left.
I guess if I get some good logs of the hard wood I could keep them too.

How are you pressure treating the posts?
I'm not. Maybe a sealing the part that goes in the ground. Maybe put a plastic film on the back of the landscape timbers and pin it under a cap board.

Mostly. I'm looking to see how other people do it and is it worth it?

The reason for 4x4s and 6x6s is less milling. I don't believe anyone can make money milling pine or spruce with a small mill. But put together with the savings in dump fees, it might be a better option.

The reason for 4x4s and 6x6s is less milling. I don't believe anyone can make money milling pine or spruce with a small mill. But put together with the savings in dump fees, it might be a better option.

How small, like at Lt40/50 woodmizer?

I wouldn't expect to get any real production out of those hobby mills. An LT40 is around 40k for comparison and isn't very big or fast.

Back