McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Astnmacgto said plus years ago I bought a 105 off eBay when I had the idea of collecting the entire SP range. Turned out to be a 125. Contacted the Seller. He said he had another one and would make me a real deal if I kept the first (due to shipping to WC) so I said sure. It also turned out to be a 125. I gave up after that.

Ron
I'd hate that problem...[emoji23]

What Astnmacgto said plus years ago I bought a 105 off eBay when I had the idea of collecting the entire SP range. Turned out to be a 125. Contacted the Seller. He said he had another one and would make me a real deal if I kept the first (due to shipping to WC) so I said sure. It also turned out to be a 125. I gave up after that.

Ron
I had one I was gonna buy off Craigslist out of california, guy said shipping would be expensive, I said I know, I'll pay it. I never heard back from him.........

Ron

Sometimes when you get screwed, it's a good screw.

Anyone know what a 3-10DSP is. One on Letgo and I don.t see it listed on acresinternet. I see a 3-10 but not a DSP. Just wondering if it maybe something special or what.

Brian

All that means is it has the "de-stroking port". It's combined with the kill switch.

I've got a 3-10 Super here at home that has it as well. Not a bad saw, I actually like the right hand start and it stays in the wood shed for fire wood duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All that means is it has the "de-stroking port". It's combined with the kill switch.

I've got a 3-10 Super here at home that has it as well. Not a bad saw, I actually like the right hand start and it stays in the wood shed for fire wood duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same as this? "safe t start"

IMG_1340.JPG

Is there a serial number chart for the 10 series saws? I have my dads black top 10-10 automatic that he bought new and I'd be curious to know what year that was. He can't remember. He thinks it was in the early 70's.

Next two are of the 55 gear drive in a 4ft cedar butt. This saw has enormous 9/16" pitch chain, on a 36" bar. You can push it as hard as you want and the saw won't stall, its incredible. The only downside is the vibration, its the worst saw I have when it comes to vibrations.

20170416_134034.jpg
20170416_134518.jpg

Thanks Mark! Nope that's the stock muffler on the S44A the paint has all fallen off it I guess, so just raw aluminum now. The starter handle gets quite hot when the saws running.

Back