Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motalitool got his copy from me. I just went and installed it and it worked fine. The copy that I got didn't have auto run, it just had a folder on the CD, so I copied the folder onto a new cd.

To install it, I copied the whole folder onto my desktop, then ran the Setup.exe file. I just clicked 'next' though the whole thing and it worked.

I do get an error message every time I close the application, but it's in German and I can't read it. But it works fine so far otherwise.

If I messed up the chain by just re-burning the 'Stihl' folder onto a new disc, I apologize.

Motalitool got his copy from me. I just went and installed it and it worked fine. The copy that I got didn't have auto run, it just had a folder on the CD, so I copied the folder onto a new cd.

To install it, I copied the whole folder onto my desktop, then ran the Setup.exe file. I just clicked 'next' though the whole thing and it worked.

I do get an error message every time I close the application, but it's in German and I can't read it. But it works fine so far otherwise.

If I messed up the chain by just re-burning the 'Stihl' folder onto a new disc, I apologize.
Cool! Giving it a try right now. Stay tuned

Fret not, man. It's all good.

Hi guys, I'm quite new on this forum and seeking for more information about the KM-130 R (2013-2014 unit) repair manual. As I read from now, everything seem to be into the famous Medicat from Stihl, but it seem to be quite complex or need to be writed to a disc and send by mail. I'm in Canada, how I can find/obtain more information to get this precious software ?

Thanks!

@PogoInTheWoods, I'm not sure of what you are meaning with the 4180 Kombi powerhead, but yes, it's a Kombi powerhead, KM130R to be exact. I try to find more information about servicing the powerhead and accessories if available. I got some equipments who need some attention before return them to work, I want to know piston tolerance and other information like this to validate if I need to replace them. Also, to satisfy my own curiosity I try to find the complete service manual to be ready for the next issue. I didn't see much information about the gearbox for the KW-KM for example. Is it possible to service them after lots of usage? (after pad replacement for example).

I forgot to mention a little tip yesterday for mailing CD's/DVD's cheaply....

Use a plain brown 6 x 9 envelope..., the type without the clasp (just an adhesive strip) and it'll go as a letter. Wrap the disc in 1/2 a sheet of a paper towel and clearly mark the envelope as -- NOT MACHINEABLE -- under the recipient's address for special handling (so it doesn't go through all those rollers) for a grand total of $.62 postage. Two discs will go for $.92. That's domestic, of course. Additional postage is obviously required for non-domestic destinations.

No word on the V5.6 date thing, yet.

Back