Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite function is to go to "item" in the search menu, and you can enter a part number, and it will tell you all of the models that the part will fit, as well as a link to that ipl.

As well as all of the mechanic manuals that you get........

My favorite function is to go to "item" in the search menu, and you can enter a part number, and it will tell you all of the models that the part will fit, as well as a link to that ipl.

You can also just double click a part number in the list to open a sub-window that provides a "where used" choice that'll do the same thing. Handy if you don't know the part number in the first place and you don't hafta navigate away from your IPL page to get there. I just stumbled across this method by sheer dumb luck, Was doing it your way before.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

But go into the way that you sent the program into more detail, I am computer illiterate, so go into some detail.

Thanks...

Not to speak for the poster, but if you mean the ISO reference, it's a disk image format..., typically requiring a conversion process be performed prior to actually being "install-able", though newer applications just sorta do it automagically which eliminates the need for human intervention like "the old days".

You can also just double click a part number in the list to open a sub-window that provides a "where used" choice that'll do the same thing. Handy if you don't know the part number in the first place and you don't hafta navigate away from your IPL page to get there. I just stumbled across this method by sheer dumb luck, Was doing it your way before.

View attachment 496785

View attachment 496786

Not to speak for the poster, but if you mean the ISO reference, it's a disk image format..., typically requiring a conversion process be performed prior to actually being "install-able", though newer applications just sorta do it automagically which eliminates the need for human intervention like "the old days".

I found that same thing. Great way to find parts that are still in use that will work on older saws.

Also, thanks for answering HarleyT's question. To continue your description. Most compression tools nowadays will treat an iso as a zip file which can be "unzipped" to a folder you can run the installation from. Of course, having a DVD sent works as well!

Good to know that feature. Of course I am usually going through boxes of old inventory trying to figure out what they fit.
There are probably many other neat functions that we are yet to uncover.

While looking up the 041 for the guy on the other thread, I discovered a feature that I didn't realize was there, it may be old news for you other guys.....

I always disliked that older versions of parts were omitted.
But there is a dropdown menu at the top, and you can click on different 041 models and come up with different ipls, or something like that, I haven't delved far into it yet. I am going to look for a wild 031
version I saw once.........

While looking up the 041 for the guy on the other thread, I discovered a feature that I didn't realize was there, it may be old news for you other guys.....

But there is a dropdown menu at the top, and you can click on different 041 models and come up with different ipls, or something like that, I haven't delved far into it yet. I am going to look for a wild 031
can i have a copy please

Do you mean this? Doesn't seem to represent a parts history, but rather just the differences in IPL's between listed models. Now if there was a way to search the tech notes for parts history, that'd be the cat's ass.

Untitled.jpg

Another cool feature is the 'Compare Parts List". Sort of like the "Where Used" feature in the item search, but allows you to narrow down the search between specific saws and specific IPL areas via a filter approach that lists item status between the products selected based on the filter input.

Untitled2.jpg

Well good. I didn't know that anyone had successfully made a digital copy, I'll get you to send it to me, and I'll see how it works on my wife's new laptop! Then if it is good, we'll save on postage!

Latest posts

Back