Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my copy from Mark and it works like a charm!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Mark, no worries on the delay here, I've been busier than a dog with two dingers so it didn't make a bit of difference to me.

I will have to wait for my boss to get back in town next Wednesday to make copies but I promise to keep this rolling!

A little housekeeping - With Mark squared away it looks like (scrolling back) dp0350, myself and fishingdave are up next. Please correct me if I have that wrong.

Thanks to all for keeping this alive!

A couple of questions here guys, I'd appreciate any thoughts on this;

With version V3.33 2012 not requiring a clock rollback (from what I can tell) is there any reason or advantage to forwarding the other versions? I know you smart people where talking about this stuff earlier in the thread but this bozo-puter stuff is over my head so I'm just curious.

Oh, and speaking of being over my head, I just copied version V3.33 2012 files from my PC to a micro SD card using one of these adapter thingies (see below) and testing it now.

How-to-recover-lost-password-of-Memory-Card-MMC-micro-SD-adapter.jpg

The idea here is to be able to use MediaCat in my truck or remote shop on a laptop or tablet that doesn't have a standard CD drive. :rock:
Plus, since we have more than one person in the 'pay it forward' queue, I could be the guy that starts a second 'pay it forward' deal with the cards instead of the disc for those that prefer to use and forward it that way. Right now I only have the micro cards though so adapters would be needed at the other end depending on what the user was using.

Does this make sense? Is this useful at all??
I haven't had my coffee yet .........

Anyway, it seems to work just dandy on my PC using Microshaft Win7 by selecting the MediCat application from the file list on the card. I'm also waiting for an app to download to my ancient tablet so I can try it on an Android platform. More on that later or I'm a more-on, you can decide :)

UPDATE - It's been about ten minutes since I did the free app download from the Scroogle store but I'm not seeing it on my tablet yet. I think I'll wait a few more minutes and then split the sucker open with my air chisel to see where the app went. It's gotta be inside there somewhere right?
:badpc: :crazy:

A couple of questions here guys, I'd appreciate any thoughts on this;

With version V3.33 2012 not requiring a clock rollback (from what I can tell) is there any reason or advantage to forwarding the other versions? I know you smart people where talking about this stuff earlier in the thread but this bozo-puter stuff is over my head so I'm just curious.

Oh, and speaking of being over my head, I just copied version V3.33 2012 files from my PC to a micro SD card using one of these adapter thingies (see below) and testing it now.

How-to-recover-lost-password-of-Memory-Card-MMC-micro-SD-adapter.jpg

The idea here is to be able to use MediaCat in my truck or remote shop on a laptop or tablet that doesn't have a standard CD drive. :rock:
Plus, since we have more than one person in the 'pay it forward' queue, I could be the guy that starts a second 'pay it forward' deal with the cards instead of the disc for those that prefer to use and forward it that way. Right now I only have the micro cards though so adapters would be needed at the other end depending on what the user was using.

Does this make sense? Is this useful at all??
I haven't had my coffee yet .........

Anyway, it seems to work just dandy on my PC using Microshaft Win7 by selecting the MediCat application from the file list on the card. I'm also waiting for an app to download to my ancient tablet so I can try it on an Android platform. More on that later or I'm a more-on, you can decide :)

UPDATE - It's been about ten minutes since I did the free app download from the Scroogle store but I'm not seeing it on my tablet yet. I think I'll wait a few more minutes and then split the sucker open with my air chisel to see where the app went. It's gotta be inside there somewhere right?
:badpc: :crazy:
There is no need for the CD or any other memory device to run MediaCat once the MediaCat App AND the Stihl catalog files are loaded on the hard drive (or internal memory) of the target device.

When I installed the App on my PC it originally ran from the CD and failed to install the catalog files even though I told it to. I had to run the install a SECOND time to load the catalog files on the hard drive of the PC. My CD has now taken up residence in a storage binder.

I think we're on the same page. I didn't mean just to run it, but also to load it onto devices without a disc drive, that's all. I'm not the most up to date on this stuff but I thought it was becoming more common to not have disc drives on everything?

Anyway, I was unsuccessful at using a DOSBox app to get it running on android. I'm sure there's other apps and people a lot smarter than me that might get it to work. I would like to have it on my tablet for use in my armpit of a shop where a standard desktop PC would never survive.

Yeah, I am sure it would work. But whenever a "new idea" pops up, it seems to diffuse the thread, it has hard enough time keeping going on its own, but you can try the idea if you want to try it. Seems like dvd drives are going the way of the dinosaur....

Latest posts

Back