Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do and I've got enough blank discs here to risk making a few Frisbees until I figure it out again!

By the way, I think I read some chatter in here (maybe 20 pages ago?? :) ) about making this into a pdf file. Has that been done with any of the versions yet?

I love the item search feature. You type in a part number, and it will show you each model that the part is on, and where in the ipl.

Comes in very handy once you know it's there and how it works....especially if you have a ton of parts saws laying around and need a part that may be common to several different models. I used a pickup body part number in the example below as a simple illustration.

Select "Items" in the "Find" column on the left to display the "Find an Item" screen on the right. Enter the item number and hit "Start Search" to get the results.

MCAT Item Search.jpg

Highlight a result in the list and double click to go directly to the illustration in the corresponding page of the illustrated parts list (IPL) showing the part and it's relative application in the assembly. (Yes, I clicked on the 024 line for the example below after uploading the above pic with 020/020T highlighted.)

Search Results.jpg

Glad to see the thread staying alive, gang. I'm still working on getting the last version (2015) in the last format, though it will still probably require the date roll back approach.

So....

Anyone have a copy of Part Smart yet?

:popcorn2:

I like it. Hopefully someone will crack a newer version to get all the latest updates and models.

So, MediaCat no longer works. I installed PartSmart and I absolutely hate it.

How can I trick Mediacat into functioning?

Can anyone share a copy of mediacat?

it would be greatly appreciated !!!
PM your address. I have yet to get @Knot_Smart his copy. I have been working out of town and had pc troubles. Everything is cool now. I will send both out ASAP. Sorry or the incredibly long wait man...

I got it all worked out. Had to replace the DVD drive in my computer. Went to mail them out today and the post office was closed for President's Day! Should be on their way tomorrow.

Back