Ms200t bogging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like the vac line is off at the handle- airbox end or the carb is sucking vacuum. Check to see if the vac line is connected then we can check the carb next.
Lolol
Been there done that lol

The impulse line is connected and all looks pretty good.
Weird thing is we have two 200ts that the same thing happened to.
Cylinder is ok. Some pitting in the head but otherwise ok
All the carbs with the accelerator pumps develop this problem. I had news saws that the Stihl reps said had the newest , best , improved carbs on them and they all crap out in about a year.

All the carbs with the accelerator pumps develop this problem. I had news saws that the Stihl reps said had the newest , best , improved carbs on them and they all crap out in about a year.
Make u wonder why they don't make that a recall?

The pumps were designed to increase fuel flow faster allowing the saw to hit WOT sooner. If ethanol didn't exist then we wouldn't have problems with them. Stihl has started developing new ethanol resistant rubber. It's an unneeded bonus though and it is easy to block off the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pumps were designed to increase fuel flow faster allowing the saw to hit WOT sooner. If ethanol didn't exist then we wouldn't have problems with them. Stihl has started developing new ethanol resistant rubber. It's an unneeded bonus though and it is easy to block off the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant tell you how many I bought new at a high cost before I figured all this out.

I cant tell you how many I bought new at a high cost before I figured all this out.
The saw mechanic at my work has about 30 carbs in a box that most likely all died due to the pumps. He just kept buying new ones.

Interesting point you have brought up. Makes me also wonder why we keep having our small engines destroyed by ethanol also? That is forced on us.
Because more burnt Pistons mean more
sales . This new chip thier puting in the coils is failing all the time. I think they sell these saws set with the perfect mix with no ethanol and you can't buy it at ur gas station to say in business. If I ran out of gas and had to get that pacific gas
I would have to drive miles to get it instead of the gas station lol.

Back