MS461 demo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's the unfair way it works. Even if they get good press companys often have this policy. Some years ago whilst serving in HMF we had on loan two Norton Wankel engined bikes on test from the RAF and the press had been trying to get a test for around two years but no go from Norton, anyway one of the guy's was out on patrol where we were stationed in London decided to call into a bike shop and to cut a long story short he allowed a guy to ride the bike to say the manure hit the fan would be an undersatement when SuperBike mag ran the world exclusive test of a Norton Wankel !! The report was very good but that didn't stop the guy almost being discharged and the RAF loosing there test fleet.
It was a very unassuming post by Jasha a couple of pics and no real tech info only that it ran well, so yes in this case they are being a bit snotty with a guy who of all guy's here knows his stuff, the sort of guy they need on there side.

Well said.

All is verboten in the land of stihl! No IPLs, no online parts, no internet sales and no foolin’. Gots to love that stihl.

Evidently it was a bad idea for me to post pics, no more demos, ever...

Your Kidding, ahh well their loss... Funny how after two decades of Stihl saws i now no longer (other than a freebie broken 46) own one, converted myself to Husky not quiet a month ago, I was wondering if i had made the right choice, but after reading this thread, you need to disregard the product and look at the producer, i made the right choice.

all is verboten in the land of stihl! No ipls, no online parts, no internet sales and no foolin’. Gots to love that stihl.
gee, the funny thing here is you and a few others here still can't figure out why they are successful as a company. The way things are going for the other orange saw company these days, maybe they should step back and take a few notes.

your kidding, ahh well their loss... Funny how after two decades of stihl saws i now no longer (other than a freebie broken 46) own one, converted myself to husky not quiet a month ago, i was wondering if i had made the right choice, but after reading this thread, you need to disregard the product and look at the producer, i made the right choice.
that's a pretty dumb statement. We all know the guy knows his stuff. But stihl entrusts a handful of people to give feed back on prototypes, not put pics up all over the internet. They obviously know he knows his stuff, or he would not have had the saw to begin with. Stihl has always been tight lipped about new stuff. They do not put unproven equipment on the market, nor do they want the public to know what they are testing...........read here about the 562xp, it really seems to be a success for husky.

that's a pretty dumb statement. We all know the guy knows his stuff. But stihl entrusts a handful of people to give feed back on prototypes, not put pics up all over the internet. They obviously know he knows his stuff, or he would not have had the saw to begin with. Stihl has always been tight lipped about new stuff. They do not put unproven equipment on the market, nor do they want the public to know what they are testing...........read here about the 562xp, it really seems to be a success for husky.

Just wait a couple weeks.
The fact that Husqvarna was quick on the trigger to recall and correct, is not a bad thing in the eyes of anyone older than 12.
Toyota, and GM could learn a thing or two.

You're just antsy 'cuz the 562 is poised to wipe its Keester with the 362 AND the 441, and weigh about the same as the 261 doing it.:D

Stihl could have gained a LOT of pre-release exposure and word of mouth advertising, but they chose to keep the 461 hidden.
Poor thing is probably a dog, and they are simply embarrassed to replace the almighty 460 with such a boat anchor.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Just wait a couple weeks.
The fact that Husqvarna was quick on the trigger to recall and correct, is not a bad thing in the eyes of anyone older than 12.
Toyota, and GM could learn a thing or two.

You're just antsy 'cuz the 562 is poised to wipe its Keester with the 362 AND the 441, and weigh about the same as the 261 doing it.:D

Stihl could have gained a LOT of pre-release exposure and word of mouth advertising, but they chose to keep the 461 hidden.
Poor thing is probably a dog, and they are simply embarrassed to replace the almighty 460 with such a boat anchor.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
lucky for you, i'm only 11. the only thing husky needs to wipe, is the slate clean, and go back to the drawing board and design some saws that aren't cheap plastic p.o.s. i'm sure the 461 will be junk like every other stihl saw. besides that, who yanked your chain? you better behave yourself, or else the next time i send a dozer up M40 through PAW PAW on a lowboy, i will have him stop off and redecorate one of your patch.

BE SAFE THERE DINGER-LINGER.........

all ready disapointed

heres me thinking they were going too improve a great saw all they did was make my mind up about which saw i will buy and that is a ms 441, 461 still crap air induction all they did was put a HD2 air filter on it and a diferent pot and this is coming from a stihl fan :cheers::cheers:

heres me thinking they were going too improve a great saw all they did was make my mind up about which saw i will buy and that is a ms 441, 461 still crap air induction all they did was put a hd2 air filter on it and a diferent pot and this is coming from a stihl fan :cheers::cheers:
hold on there, i think you will pleasantly surprised with the end product. That is all i will say for now........

i don't think so they dropped the ball, imagine a 77cc m tronic which is what it should have been :cheers:
here is what i know for sure about 2 models,461,661. Stihl is being very cautious about how much change they do with saws that loggers/pros use. At least with these 2 models. While i will say you will not see a new from the ground up platform, the changes they are working on, are much needed, and welcomed. You will not be disappointed, as both both test platforms have proven to outperform the models they replace, both in performance and fuel economy. They are using all their clean saw credits to keep a few models in the line-up. My distributer can no-longer order 460's, but they do have several in stock. Now, at the risk of getting my rear-end in a sling, as 2 others have here, that is all i will say. You will see one of these models by spring 2012.

All I know is I would take a 461 over a 460 all day long after running mine for the last 7ish months but lets see what the full production 461 looks like before every one gets to excited or starts bemoaning Stihl's lack of ability to produce the goods !

all i know is i would take a 461 over a 460 all day long after running mine for the last 7ish months but lets see what the full production 461 looks like before every one gets to excited or starts bemoaning stihl's lack of ability to produce the goods !
aren't you one of the individuals, along with the person who started this thread, that got your hand slapped for the pics./you-tube?

Yes which is why I do not post any pics here or go into any tech detail, however , what I do on youtube is a different matter as it has no involvement with AS and after a long conversation with the factory 7ish months ago I suspect Stihl USA were told all they needed to know about how I came to have the saw.

yes which is why i do not post any pics here or go into any tech detail, however , what i do on youtube is a different matter as it has no involvement with as and after a long conversation with the factory 7ish months ago i suspect stihl usa were told all they needed to know about how i came to have the saw.
funny how most here cannot understand that, they would rather sling mud because they do not have the same opertunities as a few of us do...........

lucky for you, i'm only 11. the only thing husky needs to wipe, is the slate clean, and go back to the drawing board and design some saws that aren't cheap plastic p.o.s. i'm sure the 461 will be junk like every other stihl saw. besides that, who yanked your chain? you better behave yourself, or else the next time i send a dozer up M40 through PAW PAW on a lowboy, i will have him stop off and redecorate one of your patch.

BE SAFE THERE DINGER-LINGER.........

LOL!!!

You opened the door whining like a little girl about the 562 recall. Whasamatter precious,can't take return fire? LOL!!

"Cheap plastic POS?" LOL!!!
You sure you're not 13 and just got held back twice?:hmm3grin2orange:

Looks like Stihl copied the crap out of all that cheap plastic so far.
I hope the 461 is actually worth a spit if the 460 is getting dumped, and hope Stihl manages to get it right.
They gotta have something in the lineup to at least challenge Husky into staying a step ahead.;)
From the reaction to a little free advertising though, I ain't holding my breath.

You got a Dozer? Cool! Bring it on up any time, as it would be handy for a few stumps around here. A #6 would do, and thanks for offering.
Frost laws are going on shortly though...hurry.

Is that your guys yuppie green Lawnmower outfit in Paw Paw?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

It may seem like Stihl is being draconian at times regarding new designs, and maybe they are. The big thing they are fighting though is the Chicom knock-offs, and you guys know full well the Chinese are going to knock off the newest designs they can get their hands on. Stihl seems to be the most copied because of the far-reaching brand name.

Latest posts

Back