MS461 demo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dose this mean there is a cm model The STIHL MS 461 now in stores is available. Apart from the basic version is a version with electric carburettor and grip heating (VW) available
and i can't believe there is no Pre-separation air filtration like the 261:angry3:

Full power for the harvesting of wood - with the STIHL MS 461 presents the Waiblinger motor equipment manufacturers professional users in the forestry and agriculture a tool for extreme loads. The successor to the proven MS 460 scores next to the exemplary low power to weight ratio in particular with his new drive concept:

The chainsaw STIHL MS 461 is powered by a new reduced-consumption and low-emission STIHL 2-MIX engine with 1-in-4-channel technology. (Photo: STIHL)

The 4.4 kW strong STIHL 2-MIX engine with 1-in-4-channel technology awaits you with features such as reduced fuel consumption and low emissions. At the same time the machine characterized by their optimal torque development with resources already in the lower speed range. The standard HD2 air filter ensures that even in dusty conditions always sufficient clean combustion air available is the engine. In addition, other practical details such as the sublime stab bar on the fan housing, new markings on the fuel cap or lose-proof screws on the cover increase the comfort of the new power package for the professional. The STIHL MS 461 is available immediately from retailers.

Depending on the type of use up to 20% less fuel consumption compared to performance equal STIHL 2 stroke engines of conventional type by the reduced of force steel purge losses and much less harmful exhaust - the advantages with which the drive unit is the new STIHL MS 461 are. STIHL 2-MIX engine with 1-in-4-channel technology meets the strict EU emission limits so easily. But as he scores with his excellent development of torque which gives an enormous power of high-performance saw in the lower speed range. The STIHL MS 461 is the right choice for the precipitation in moderate to strong stocks. With their exemplary low power to weight ratio of just 1.52 kg per kilowatt, it comes with the best conditions for power-conserving delimbing.

High-performance filter always clean air
The filter system of the new chain saw is designed to meet the needs of professionals. To ensure always the proper use of the chainsaw also in dusty environments, the STIHL MS 461 is equipped with a highly efficient HD2 air filter. He cleans the intake air reliably and scored a long service life thanks to large filter surface. The polyethylene filter material is in finer pores as nonwoven and polyamide filter by up to 70 percent. The air filter achieved the high filter performance of paper filters, but easy to clean with water. The filter is accessible easily and without tools, which reduces the maintenance along with the long cleaning intervals to a minimum.

Everything in sight thanks to new tags
MS 461 has many details, the forestry professionals facilitate the everyday life: the hood, for example, is equipped with captive security screws. Tags at the tool-free Tankverschlüssen and the housing help to put the gas cap quickly. In addition, the air filter housing is provided to the drop bar with a sublime cut bar. It runs parallel to the symmetry line of the guide rail. For the user this means: he has the cut cutting a perfect help, to control the cut direction.

The STIHL MS 461 now in stores is available. Apart from the basic version is a version with electric carburettor and grip heating (VW) available.

More information here:

Last edited:
The US site had 4.5 kw listed, most likely a misprint. I would think they would have to be the same power or have more to keep happy customers.

yep agreed i would like to know if this a version with electric carburettor means a c-m model and no air routing is a mistake this is one saw that NEEDS air management like the 441

yep agreed i would like to know if this a version with electric carburettor means a c-m model and no air routing is a mistake this is one saw that NEEDS air management like the 441

I don't think the 461 will be a CM unfourtantly as much as I want it to be lol. Here in the states we have some people that do not want to adapt to new technology, like the carb being electronically controlled, spring anti-vibration, & Strato technology. My bet is that Stihl will use the 461 for the guy that believes that he can beat the computer controlled carb, and does not like the idea of using springs to dampen vibration. For those that want a 70cc class saw, there will be 2 types of people in the future, the ones who like the new technology, and the ones that don't 441 CM Vs. 461.

I don't think the 461 will be a CM unfourtantly as much as I want it to be lol. Here in the states we have some people that do not want to adapt to new technology, like the carb being electronically controlled, spring anti-vibration, & Strato technology. My bet is that Stihl will use the 461 for the guy that believes that he can beat the computer controlled carb, and does not like the idea of using springs to dampen vibration. For those that want a 70cc class saw, there will be 2 types of people in the future, the ones who like the new technology, and the ones that don't 441 CM Vs. 461.

yep i've been waiting looks like a ported 441C-MR for me

by the # 461 ,you would think it has similar port shapes to a 361 ,the decomp valve is off to side like one ,not on top like a 460

Back