MS461 demo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So whats the "1 in 4 channel technology" deal they referred to? Also, what electric carb mean? I thought that may have meant m-tronic but I kinda doubt it. Still lost on the 1 in 4 deal though.

I think they could do really well with the m-tronic 461. Hopefully it'll come later on, as it did in the 441. If they dont then thats at least one 461 they won't sell. Guess I'll settle for a dolly 7910. :D

Last edited:
yep i've been waiting looks like a ported 441C-MR for me

Going back home this weekend, My dealer calls me and says " guess what came in?" It appears that I am now a part of the 441 CM-R club, soon as I get some money it will be getting ported, got a 28 ES Light for her, I did not want another 25 after hearing about this bar lol

Going back home this weekend, My dealer calls me and says " guess what came in?" It appears that I am now a part of the 441 CM-R club, soon as I get some money it will be getting ported, got a 28 ES Light for her, I did not want another 25 after hearing about this bar lol

You'll love it.

Open up that muffler ASAP - that don't cost anything. Then do the no-bar/no-throttle calibration. Then get a few gallons thru her - it'll be mucho-funno.

Open up that muffler ASAP - that don't cost anything. Then do the no-bar/no-throttle calibration. Then get a few gallons thru her - it'll be mucho-funno.

Thinking about pulling the screen out, and doing the calibration. I have a cherry stump I can maybe make a few cuts with her lol. With the calibration is it 90 or 60 seconds with the saw running on the start position??

Thinking about pulling the screen out, and doing the calibration. I have a cherry stump I can maybe make a few cuts with her lol. With the calibration is it 90 or 60 seconds with the saw running on the start position??

60 seconds,no bar and chain.
By pulling the screen out wont do a real lot,open up the port area behind the screen as far as possible and then you can run screen or not.:smile2:

I mostly like the new shape on the 441cm. The air filter is the same HD2 that comes on most of the new bigger stihls, but the way the air is routed makes an enormous difference. I've got that same HD2 filter on my 660, the 660 needs to have the air filter cleaned out twice daily. The 441 needs a light tap out about once a month. They're both used daily in identical conditions. The newer style spring antivibe is excellent, and the mtronic stuff is great. I think thye'll end up leaving the 461 rubber mount and non antivibe to cater to those who prefer the older style. Plus, if they gave it all the new tech it would probably outsell the 441.

One thing I wasn't impressed with on the 441 was the sealed muffler. Or the 8mm nuts that hold it in place. One of the minor things about stihls I've always loved is the very limited number of fasteners. For the most part, there are only a few different types of screws on stihls and they all use the same T27 driver. There are a few rare smaller ones, but they are mostly the exception. I very much enjoyed this over the odd assortment of fasteners that hold other saws together. Shame to see them adding a new style of fastener, and from what it looks like in that 461 photo another new style of fastener on the saw top shroud... which looks to have a flat screwdriver type fastener with the T27 in the middle. Small stuff, but it's nice being able to strip the whole saw down with not much more than a T27 and a scrench.

Shaun

Latest posts

Back