Muffler Mod - MS291 style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great I have a ms291 how much did it help the saw after mod. As I am wanting to do mine.

Looks great I have a ms291 how much did it help the saw after mod. As I am wanting to do mine.

only done it fresh this morning. painting it matt black atm. see after xmas how it goes.
Couldn't help but notice the price sticker on the shelf the saw is sitting on.

OUCH!! :eek:

yeah we pay thru the nose here for the stihl stuff :(

only done it fresh this morning. painting it matt black atm. see after xmas how it goes.

yeah we pay thru the nose here for the stihl stuff :(

I'm sure that you may have considered this idea already, but how's about having someone send you a saw from the US?

Shipping couldn't be too much, but how is the import duty or tax set up in Australia? A hassle or just too much of a PITA?

I'm sure that you may have considered this idea already, but how's about having someone send you a saw from the US?

Shipping couldn't be too much, but how is the import duty or tax set up in Australia? A hassle or just too much of a PITA?

Yeah have considered it. In 2 minds to do it. The big plus would be to have a saw ported as well then send. stihlman on AS does all his saws like that.

Prying the lip up is tedious but doable. I have done a few that had cats in them that I wanted out.

Very nice work on the louvers.

Looks great. I want to do that to my, new to me MS 261... Will a simple mod like that require a carb tune ??

Latest posts

Back