Multiple Crews

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllProTree

Reaction score
Thinking about setting up another crew in another county. Wondering if anyone has experience with that and anything to lookout for? Pros and Cons.

Thinking about setting up another crew in another county. Wondering if anyone has experience with that and anything to lookout for? Pros and Cons.

Company's ive worked for before i went on my own had a couple crews and moreless worked the same area maybe 4 or 5 surrounding countie's. Myself i work where the work is within reason I'll go 50 miles from my house.

We have 5 crews. Most important thing, according to me, is finding the right, trustworthy, crew manager. Of course, I may be biased: I am a crew manager...

I manage 1 other crew that's 90 miles away. It took us a few months to find the right company. You got to just go down the list and find a reputable, trustworthy one. I watched many crews in the field on jobs of ours and saw how they worked. I just explained to them, 'were are giving you plenty of work, if you fk us ($$) we wont give you any more work. I want them to think long-term, this is too good to pass/screw up.

I am just starting up a second crew now with the dump trailer I just bought. Same service area. STOKED. 2 man crew for small jobs and leftover stuff the 4 man crew did not finish. I have no desire to buy another dump truck and chipper! Hoping for it to add another 750-1200 a day. Just gotta keep doing sales sales sales!

Mike

Back