need reference for a portable saw mill in Maryland

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildlife

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone know someone they would recommend with a portable saw mill in Maryland. I have enough down oak (24") and others that I will truck a few to the saw mill to be cut for barn repair and other uses. I think it would be easier to have someone bring in a mill than make multiple trips to and from with my farm truck. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
Wildlife

Where at in MD? I know of an "Amish" guy who runs a portable band saw mill, $50-60 an hour I think.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Harford County near Churchville. I would be interested in his contact information if he is close enough.
How do you know this guy? Has he done work for you?
Thanks for the help.

I am interested in any leads you all have.

I'm in Cecil County, hes from Oxford Pa area. I do my own milling but he has done a poop load for a farm near my house that I cut wood and do electrical work at sometimes, highly recommended by that fella. I will email him and get the sawyers info, PM ya when I hear back. My buddy doesn't check email to often so may take a couple days or I will stop by over there this weekend.

I'm in Cecil County, hes from Oxford Pa area. I do my own milling but he has done a poop load for a farm near my house that I cut wood and do electrical work at sometimes, highly recommended by that fella. I will email him and get the sawyers info, PM ya when I hear back. My buddy doesn't check email to often so may take a couple days or I will stop by over there this weekend.

Much thanks for your reply and tracking down the contact info from your buddy.

No problem. Oh might need some milling scraps as a finder fee if it works out for ya!:pingpong:

We managed to get two of the logs out to the driveway while the ground was a little frozen last weekend. It might freeze again this weekend if we are lucky. The tractor still cuts in a little but I don't even want to try unless the ground is hard.

Any word back from your neighbor on who to contact?

I bet the sawyer is busy this time of year and maybe a smaller job like us will be worth his while if he has other work in the area.

Thanks

Back