NIPF Management Cost

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMBetz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Now this student needs a little help! Could anyone point me in the right direction to find some case studies, extension bulletins, etc., that would indicate the costs involved to a nonindustrial private forest owner for timber management? Specifically, I am looking for some type of per-unit cost for professional managment advice, bounds marking, vegitation control, etc. Anything you might come up with, even if it's not directly related, would probably help. Even some anecdotal sources will be sufficient for now. I appreciate any leads you might be able to give me.

Not near your area CM, but this might be useful.

Mississippi Consultant Fees and Services: By Tract Size and Professional Affiliation
Munn I.A.*; Watkins C.C.
Southern Journal of Applied Forestry, November 2001, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 178-186(9)
Society of American Foresters

or

Estimating Costs for Precommercial Silvicultural Treatments in the Northeast. Arlyn Perkey. Sept 2000. Forest Management Update. [Northeastern area State and Private Forestry, USFS publication]

Well, there's two anyway. Shouldn't have any trouble finding them at a decent university library.

Thank you very much. Both were just what I am looking for.

Latest posts

Back