shout-out to Bartlett for fantastic technical help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little trees

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
tl;dr is I would HIGHLY recommend BartlettMan.com for good prices on gear and a real willingness to provide patient, detailed help with advice tested on their own in-house tree company.

I need to do some climbing (rigging a number of trees to fall uphill, and building two treehouses for my kids a little "ambitiously high" for my ladder comfort) Naturally I spent some hours on ArboristSite :) Wesspur is mentioned positively numerous times on the forums, so I went there first. I'm technical, but not in this field, so I had some specific questions about rope and hardware options. Surprisingly I was told they do not have anyone available with actual professional field experience (?!).

BartlettMan.com came up on numerous product searches, but I couldn't find a whole lot of reviews; gave them a call anyway and got a quick callback from an actual arborist (now shop manager). He spent over 20 minutes with me on a number of questions, providing advice, justification, and specific product options. The ecommerce site is apparently the same company as a regional line-work (power company) and residential tree company, with hundreds of field workers - highly relevant to me looking for durable, "idiot-resistant" kit :)

Disclaimer: I have zero association with Bartlett or anyone else, and I did end up ordering serveral products from WesSpur, and they were very responsive to resolve post-order problem. But I wanted to get Bartlett mentioned here as they were very generous with their time and advice, which was invaluable to me. They also met their same-day shipping commitment, even before a holiday weekend.

Latest posts

Back